Any Feedback on these Answers? I am pretty Short on Ideas. Please Find the questions in the text

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
1. Dechert is frequently retained to work on the most challenging matters and prides itself on its ability to deliver premium legal services and sound business judgment to its clients. In your opinion, other than the above, what are the three key reasons why our clients instruct us? (250 Words)

Clients instruct Dechert because of its multi-practice multi-jurisdictional corporate strategy. This strategy combines highly ranked corporate practice areas with a strong presence across key global financial markets. The firm’s New York office possesses a Band 1 Corporate M&A ranking by Chambers & Partners. It has a Legal 500 Tier 3 Debt Capital Markets ranking in London. Its Hong-Kong office has advised clients such as SK Hynix and MBK Partners. Dechert works together as one global firm to cater to the full spectrum of client needs that span these multiple practice areas and jurisdictions.

Clients instruct Dechert because of its market-leading approach to innovation. The complexity of legal transactions has driven law firms towards innovation. Innovation increases the efficient completion of non-complex tasks and allows lawyers to focus on the most complex parts of legal transactions. Dechert has created an innovation Taskforce which has successfully deployed a range of initiatives. These initiatives have increased efficiency and ensured better client service. Therefore, it is why the firm was recognised as the ‘Most Innovative Law Firm in North America for Legal Expertise’.

Clients instruct Dechert because of its market-leading financial services and investment management practices situated in key global fund domiciles. The firm has Tier 1 & 2 Legal 500 Investment Funds rankings in the Middle-East & Asia respectively. It has IFLR1000 Tier 2 & 3 Structured Finance rankings in the US and UK respectively. This suits client looking to offer their products & funds to a wider range of investors.

collie_121

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Sep 30, 2020
I am definitely no expert but no one has replied to this thread as of yet so I thought I'd give my input :)

It's a good start, you've got 3 clear points and lots of evidence to back them up. However, I would be conscious of regurgitating facts of the firm. Maybe try and show why each of the facts you have mentioned is important, really focusing on linking each point back to the question. Why would Dechert's clients instruct the firm based on their corporate strategy? How does each reason benefit the client? Why does this make the firm more appealing to the client over Dechert's competitors? I see small links at the end of the 2nd and 3rd paragraph, but perhaps try and expand on these to show that you really understand how Dechert can capitalise on these areas, ensuring your links are really specific to client and business needs.

Again I'm defo no expert, but this seems to be a great first draft! Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.