Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohammed

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2018
Also guys, when a firm (CMS) says they recruit on a first-come, first-served basis within there assessment centre invite, does it make much difference if you choose the later date? For example, I'm most likely going to choose the 21st January date, but there are earlier dates next week on the 15th and 16th.

Thanks in advance!

Phoebe

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 25, 2018
Just an FYI for anyone who was interested in Bird&Bird

I applied very early and went through all the stages and after the VI it went silent despite seeing other people getting accepted/rejected I received nothing.

Only now have I received an email saying:

"Due to the high competition for places this year, and the fact that we recruit on a rolling basis, unfortunately we are unable to offer you a place on one of our assessment centres. However, we were very impressed with your application, online test result, and video interview.

As you performed very well, we would like to keep your application on file to be reviewed in the next recruitment cycle. You will not need to complete another application form, Watson Glaser test, or video interview to be considered for the 2021 Vacation Scheme."

Same email!

I got the same email! I'm gutted as I got a similar email last year saying they didn't have space to interview me so apply early next cycle - so that's what I did this time round (applied early October).

I also know someone who applied 10 days after me but got invited to the WG etc earlier and then got an AC invite in November. So not sure whether it is down to the rolling basis or not.

Lea.E-R

Dec 25, 2019
Just received Ashurst test. Any tips?

I don't think you can prepare really. Personally, I found it a bit overwhelming & I did not do well at all.
There are 3 parts and each of them is composed of mini-games (one is about recognising emotions on one's face, another is about matching calculations (if they're equal to the same number) etc.)
I think other people shared their experiences on the forum, you should be able to find these by typing 'Ashurst' in the search bar.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: ComplianceChange
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.