DLA Piper Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

Konstantinos

Future Trainee
Aug 26, 2019
Hi all, I applied to DLA Piper's summer vacation scheme on the 28th of October, was invited to complete the WG on the 29th and completed it shortly thereafter. Since then I have not heard anything. Is this normal?

My application portal says: "Submission Status: Completed - Updated: 28-Oct-2019"

Should I email graduate recruitment to ask?

Reactions: JoNo and S30

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi all, I applied to DLA Piper's summer vacation scheme on the 28th of October, was invited to complete the WG on the 29th and completed it shortly thereafter. Since then I have not heard anything. Is this normal?

My application portal says: "Submission Status: Completed - Updated: 28-Oct-2019"

I am also in the same position as you, with a similar timeframe. I submitted the application on the 30th October, and haven’t heard anything since completing the WG which was a couple days after.

I have emailed them, and they said they are still processing a lot of applications, so patience is definitely a virtue here!

If you do email them, can you let me know what they say please. I emailed them back in Nov :)

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Still waiting too! Applied at the end of September and did the WG at the start of October (think I did really badly). When I went to check the status of my application mid December it came up that I had a couple of required boxes not ticked, so I'm not sure if it hadn't completely submitted- although it's strange that I got to do the WG if that was the case...

Konstantinos

Future Trainee
Aug 26, 2019

Update: coincidentally, my portal updated to "Submission Status: Completed - Updated 7-Jan-2020" today. Not quite sure what this means, as I still haven't been contacted by Grad Rec..

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
Update: coincidentally, my portal updated to "Submission Status: Completed - Updated 7-Jan-2020" today. Not quite sure what this means, as I still haven't been contacted by Grad Rec..

I think may be Grad Rec are waiting for the rest of the applicants to complete their WG tests may be? Not too sure, checked mine was updated on the 2nd Jan. Haven’t heard back yet

r123455

Standard Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi, I just did the DLA Piper practice test which they email with the assessment. However, I got no feedback from it - is this was what normally happens? Also, the link between the real test and the practice test look very similar so it makes me think the practice link took me to the real test! Anyone had a similar experience?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I just did the DLA Piper practice test which they email with the assessment. However, I got no feedback from it - is this was what normally happens? Also, the link between the real test and the practice test look very similar so it makes me think the practice link took me to the real test! Anyone had a similar experience?

I would expect the practice test to have a similar URL to the real thing. I wouldn’t panic about that.

Reactions: Alice G

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.