Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just been rejected from Hogan Lovells, following an assessment centre. Definitely the toughest one yet!!
Don’t lose faith!! I too was rejected last year but the feedback helped me gain two vacs! Make sure you get the most from the feedback call and you’ll have something soon enough I’ve no doubt!! :)

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
Dec 29, 2019
How did you find the test? :)
The test was alright, I didn't have my expectations too high based on what everyone was saying and when I actually took it I think I would only be concerned about not doing brilliantly on it if I were really good at maths or could see and register everything appearing on the screen quickly (the two tests involving maths). think I can only try to do my best for it which I did so I'm not too bothered :D

Shane

Distinguished Member
Jul 22, 2018
has anyone gotten a response after doing the test for Ashurst at all ? I did the test in October and haven’t heard back. I haven’t really even heard of anyone getting rejected post-test tbh.

Jay-Lo

Distinguished Member
Jan 21, 2019
The test was alright, I didn't have my expectations too high based on what everyone was saying and when I actually took it I think I would only be concerned about not doing brilliantly on it if I were really good at maths or could see and register everything appearing on the screen quickly (the two tests involving maths). think I can only try to do my best for it which I did so I'm not too bothered :D

Agree, the maths tests were straightforward and yet still difficult as bubbles were popping up left, right and centre haha! It was a very odd test, haven’t come across this type before.

Yeah we did our best. Good luck !

Jay-Lo

Distinguished Member
Jan 21, 2019
has anyone gotten a response after doing the test for Ashurst at all ? I did the test in October and haven’t heard back. I haven’t really even heard of anyone getting rejected post-test tbh.

Nothing yet, they said they will be letting everyone know after the deadline which was the 5th Jan.

I do know some people who received rejections (but this was for the winter VS)

Y

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 26, 2019
I did mine in September and haven’t heard - should start hearing soon though as grad rec manager came back at the start of this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.