Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVjuji

Valued Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hey everyone! I was wondering whether anyone has any tips for the assessment centres for the following forms:
Clyde & Co
RPC
Penningtons Manches Cooper
Fieldfisher

I would appreciate any specific or general advice as I’ve never attended an assessment day before!
Thank you

Is RPC rolling? When did you apply and hear back?

Good luck for the AC!!!

A98

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi, I have an AC with CMS coming up in a few days and need some guidance!

I was wondering if any knows if CMS has a particular industry or expertise that they excel in or whether they have a balanced full-service focus? I couldn't find much on Legal 500 or Chambers ranking, but I would like to know whether they're known for a particular practice area.

Also on one of the threads, someone mentioned that you need to know CMS business model well. Is there anything else to mention other than being an LLP with several global divisions?

Last edited:

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Hi all! I’d like to apply for spring vac schemes but most had deadlines earlier in Jan or last year!

Are there any firms left, whether rolling or non rolling, that are recruiting for spring vac schemes?

I’m only aware of macfarlanes but I assume they have most of their places taken since they have given out a lot of ACs!

Thank you, your help is appreciated :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all! I’d like to apply for spring vac schemes but most had deadlines earlier in Jan or last year!

Are there any firms left, whether rolling or non rolling, that are recruiting for spring vac schemes?

I’m only aware of macfarlanes but I assume they have most of their places taken since they have given out a lot of ACs!

Thank you, your help is appreciated :)

https://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors/WorkPlacementDeadlines

gh1999

Dec 10, 2019
Thank you so much! I presume it’s rolling because I applied in October, did a test in November and heard back early Jan inviting me for an assessment day! I wasn’t sure when I applied if it was rolling but I presume it is.

Is RPC rolling? When did you apply and hear back?

Good luck for the AC!!!

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    For anyone else waiting to hear back from Mishcon after the video interview, Grad Rec just told me they will start inviting people to do the case study within the next week or so.

Reactions: Chido
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.