Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I applied for Dechert’s spring/summer VS last Wednesday and they got back to me today with a VI invite. I applied to all the other ones you mentioned but nothing yet.
    Interesting... I applied to Dechert in early November but still nothing so not very optimistic about them but we shall see. Fingers crossed for the others!

Frank

Valued Member
    Dec 12, 2018
    Interesting... I applied to Dechert in early November but still nothing so not very optimistic about them but we shall see. Fingers crossed for the others!

I applied last fortnight for Dechert and haven't heard anything... about Debevoise, I think we gotta wait at least 1 week since they started reviewing the apps after the deadline (5th Dec). The same goes for Skadden whose deadline was 12th Dec.

Choobz A.

Standard Member
    Dec 27, 2019
    Hi, I have an AC with CMS coming up in a few days and need some guidance!

I was wondering if any knows if CMS has a particular industry or expertise that they excel in or whether they have a balanced full-service focus? I couldn't find much on Legal 500 or Chambers ranking, but I would like to know whether they're known for a particular practice area.

Also on one of the threads, someone mentioned that you need to know CMS business model well. Is there anything else to mention other than being an LLP with several global divisions?

Core sectors include energy, banking and finance, infrastructure and PFI, life sciences and healthcare, real estate, and TMT.

Business model is based on a sector-focussed approach (this is just my summary - research more and expand!)
    1) to deliver for clients/client's needs ("Your world first");
    2) having a "world vision" - i.e. global outlook in achieving goals (internally and externally)
    3) performance-driven lawyers; efficient working etc.

Reactions: Paige M

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    in total shock but have an A&O TC AC next week - if anyone at all can help me I would be so grateful! It is my second to last shot this cycle so I would be so thankful for any insights and tips for prep!!!

Amazing news, well done Alice!

You’ll smash it, we are all rooting for you!!

Reactions: Alice G

J32

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 4, 2019
    Anyone heard bac from White & Case, Skadden, Debevoise & Plimpton and Dechert for summer vacation schemes?

Haven't heard from White & Case. I didn't apply to the others but from last year, I know Debevoise and Skadden will get back to people in the next 2 weeks (Debevoise maybe this week). Hope that helps :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    in total shock but have an A&O TC AC next week - if anyone at all can help me I would be so grateful! It is my second to last shot this cycle so I would be so thankful for any insights and tips for prep!!!
    Happy Monday to you too! Huge well done Alice - all right behind you and as you know if you ever need anything just drop us a message :)

Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.