Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYNOKA

Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys, I hope everyone is doing well! I'm new to this forum, a massive congratulations on all those who have secured ACs and interviews! I was wondering whether anybody could advise me on the S&M interview, its coming up soon and I've never done an AC before. I'd be very grateful for any tips!

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Just thought I would ask, did you do the job based test and then the mobile game test? I was trying to see if they had a bench mark as only invited people to the mobile game test if they got a certain mark on the previous one.
I got invited to the mobile gam . Now am waiting on if I passed that but dont have much hop .

Biena

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve been invited to do the Simmons VI, any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
If you search there's a thread on it somewhere, I did it recently and my tip is to have an answer for 'Tell us about yourself' that fits neatly into 30 seconds - I was cut off because I didn't realise how short 30 seconds actually is!

Reactions: jam1999

A4991

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Has anyone done a Slaughter and May direct TC AC? Have one coming up and I am quite nervous as I know they push people to the limit at the AC and have a reputation of being quite ruthless :/

Aleks Owczarska

Future Trainee
Nov 5, 2019
After a rejection from jones day and DLA Piper, I managed to get through to the VI stage of Mishcon de Reya. If anyone has any tips about the video interview, I would really appreciate it.
Hi Hana!

Congratulations! I've done it last year (still haven't heard back). It consisted of 3 questions (focused on you, no commercial awareness stuff at this stage). Can't remember if I had 60 or 90 seconds to respond but it was either of the two.

Good luck!

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Heard from back Burges Salmon. Rejection! Very disheartened and thought it was a great application!

I've also just got the rejection... I put so much research and energy into this application and I honestly thought that I stood a good chance especially since I was very keen on the firm.

I kind of feel like covering myself with a blanket and crying to "All by myself" now, but alas - I am still at work. Oh well, here's to trying not to have a meltdown in a tube on my way home this evening! (Yes, I am being dramatic, but only just a little)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.