Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Heard back from Burges Salmon, I've been placed on reserve for an assessment center so they'll let me know if a spot opens up. Trying to see the silver lining because at least it wasn't a flat out rejection. Plan on prepping for the AC just in case.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• 🤝
Reactions: WinnieAnn

EJ

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
I'm wondering what the process is like with the June TC window? Are chances of getting something at that stage a lot smaller, and when do AC's for that cycle tend to be?
I had a slightly negative experience with this last year, as I applied for a number of firms to meet their summer direct to TC deadline only to be told that all of the spots had been filled from their vacation schemes. I've since found out that a lot of these firms actually aim to fill all of these spots from the VS, and if they do they won't look at the direct to TC applications. I would check if this is the case before you apply!

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
I had a slightly negative experience with this last year, as I applied for a number of firms to meet their summer direct to TC deadline only to be told that all of the spots had been filled from their vacation schemes. I've since found out that a lot of these firms actually aim to fill all of these spots from the VS, and if they do they won't look at the direct to TC applications. I would check if this is the case before you apply!
I see - I thought as much. Did you have any positive experiences with any firms you applied to in summer?

EJ

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
I see - I thought as much. Did you have any positive experiences with any firms you applied to in summer?
Sadly not, but it may have been my choice of firms. I applied to 5 firms all 5 got back to me to say that they had filled all of their TC positions from the vac scheme. It's understandable, but also incredibly frustrating if you're not in a position to complete a vac scheme!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I'm wondering what the process is like with the June TC window? Are chances of getting something at that stage a lot smaller, and when do AC's for that cycle tend to be?

I got to an AC with a firm last July and they told us that they only had two spaces left because they filled them all up from the vac schemes. There were eight of us in the room lol.

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Sadly not, but it may have been my choice of firms. I applied to 5 firms all 5 got back to me to say that they had filled all of their TC positions from the vac scheme. It's understandable, but also incredibly frustrating if you're not in a position to complete a vac scheme!
    That's really frustrating!

Corporatepal

Sep 20, 2019
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.