Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Hey! I did it last year. It is a SHL verbal reasoning test. It was my first ever test and I did so badly and was in the 5th percentile lol. I actually find WG tests way easier than pure verbal reasoning tests.

I just got the invite too, so need to get practising! There are decent practise tests online from what I remember.

Thanks Camila! Best of luck on the test

SA123

Dec 3, 2019
Is it worth applying to BCLP just before the deadline? Or should I wait for their direct TC summer deadline?
Hi! I would still apply - I just sent them an email asking when I’d hear back regarding my vac scheme application and grad rec replied saying that they’re still considering applications due to the deadline being on the 19th and that I’d hear back at the end of the month and Feb latest. So, definitely still worth applying!

• 🤝
Reactions: Dheepa and ComplianceChange

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Do you think RPC reviews the applications before sending out the invite for the test?

They said it was a pleasure reading it but it sounds fishy haha

Yea, they send the emails out so fast.

It was the same when I applied for the direct TC last year. My friend and I got a test invite a day or two after the deadline.

They must filter them somehow because my other friend who applied last year did not get the test invite.

Reactions: JoNo and FutureCity

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Do you think RPC reviews the applications before sending out the invite for the test?

They said it was a pleasure reading it but it sounds fishy haha

My friend who received a summer vacation scheme with them last year (now future trainee there) said that’s a generic email they send to all applicants, because after you completed the online test they then review the applications. I think some people last year thought if you did good in the test you will automatically get an AC that’s not the case!

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Yea, they send the emails out so fast.

It was the same when I applied for the direct TC last year. My friend and I got a test invite a day or two after the deadline.

They must filter them somehow because my other friend who applied last year did not get the test invite.

Regarding the RPC test, my mate said it’s the Watson Glaser the one with 5 sections. But don’t quote me on it, as he did it last year. I don’t know if it’s changed or not?

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    My friend who received a summer vacation scheme with them last year (now future trainee there) said that’s a generic email they send to all applicants, because after you completed the online test they then review the applications. I think some people last year thought if you did good in the test you will automatically get an AC that’s not the case!

Yeah, that makes sense. https://www.rollonfriday.com/news-content/rpc-rejects-candidate-despite-99-score-assessment-test

Reactions: JoNo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.