Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2018

I wonder how they are choosing people based on that online game - who got the worst score ?
Received the Ashurst test invite after two cycles of torture! The test includes Revelian Values Inventory and Revelian Cognify. Does anyone have any tips?! Thank you so much!

Ask a group of mathematicians to sit with you whilst you do it

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Thank you! Yeah, they gave the test after the written application so I'm happy about that. I do agree, I wish firms such as Linklaters, if they care more about the psychometric test to either cut out the written application altogether or only let applicants hand in the written application after they've passed.
Yeah exactly. I particularly hate it when firms only read your application if you pass the test. What a joke!

Reactions: W, Biena and Asmee DC

Samar

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 28, 2019
Received the Ashurst test invite after two cycles of torture! The test includes Revelian Values Inventory and Revelian Cognify. Does anyone have any tips?! Thank you so much!

I think my main tip is that when you’re on the main games section of the test. If you think you got one wrong, DO NOT panic about it. I felt like it could really get people into a bit of a frenzy and then become a domino effect on the rest of the test. Just keep going and work through them calmly.

Reactions: Long Dinh, JoNo and S30

wwood

Distinguished Member
Jan 19, 2019
Make sure it's not laggy, it can be really disorientating, you might have to try it on a different browser (I had to), and don't panic or expect to complete everything, just do your best. It's not easy but that's the point. Imo, it's just meant to evaluate how quickly you can think of creative solutions.

Values inventory is a lot more straightforward, it's just ranking what is most important to you. Can be tricky but don't understand "least important" as "unimportant"

Good luck!

Did you prepare for it, e.g. by doing the WG test or other tests? Thanks so much! :)

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
I wonder how they are choosing people based on that online game - who got the worst score ?

Ask a group of mathematicians to sit with you whilst you do it

I’m actually not sure, I think some emphasis will be placed on the Revelian games, but I do think they will look at the Values, Cognify and Emotional sections equally. I’m sure they will be lenient as well, as it’s the first time they’ve introduced this game!

Reactions: W, JoNo and Harvey

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
Did you prepare for it, e.g. by doing the WG test or other tests? Thanks so much! :)

No practice is required for the values inventory section, it’s only 20 statements and you need to categorise them according to what you think fits best. It’s a bit similar to ranking statements in a situational judgement test :)

Reactions: JoNo

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Has anyone heard back about the HSF Summer Vac Scheme? I noticed some people on the student room have received AC invites, so I don't know how long to leave it before emailing them to check on the progress of my application.
    I'm still waiting to hear from them as well

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.