Not open for further replies.

Faye

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 3, 2018
Oh my God congratulations!!!!!

omg well done! amazing end to the week!

Congratulations Faye!!!

Wow Faye!!!! Congratulations I’m so happy for you, well deserved!!! :)

Faye that's incredible news! Absolutely thrilled for you and what an amazing end to the week! I really hope you are out tonight and celebrating :D

Aw, thank you all for the encouragement! :) :) Will definitely stay on TCLA to provide any advice if I can (and write up my interview experiences with CC and other firms)!
And no, this evening I am back on the forum, at home with my cat :D

Faye

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 3, 2018
congrats to those who heard from CC!! I still haven't heard so I'm assuming a PFO :( unbelievably gutted

I haven’t heard yet either! When was your AC?

Guys if it helps, my CC AC was last week (10th January) so that's maybe why I heard earlier. And my call was at 1pm ish (probably doesn't make a difference but I love to speculate...)

Reactions: Paralegal178

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
For everyone waiting on CC - it can be hard to collate feedback from busy partners which can delay stuff for grad rec so try not to worry. To have gotten an AC you guys are all evidently brilliant. It must be so hard for firms to make these choices even though it can be easy for us to forget (though entirely natural and understandable). What I mean to say is have faith that they’re probably just making sure they’ve really got as much feedback as possible and are making these choices carefully :) I think it’s much better for firms to take their time than to make quick decisions, especially when you’ve worked so hard and given it everything :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Faye, Vany, Holly and 2 others

asaa

Jan 6, 2020
Sorry to do a panicky message but just been reading how lots of people have been progressed to VI / AC with Bakers and hearing from other firms and I haven’t heard anything at all really from anyone! Does this mean that I probably haven’t got anything?

I applied in mid-November and received a WG invite a few days ago! So definitely hang in there, you might be getting one soon!

• 🤝
Reactions: bethbristol and SA123

CL20

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Sorry to do a panicky message but just been reading how lots of people have been progressed to VI / AC with Bakers and hearing from other firms and I haven’t heard anything at all really from anyone! Does this mean that I probably haven’t got anything?

I haven't heard anything from Bakers (for summer) either, even PRE WG! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: SA123 and bethbristol

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
Same, I haven't heard back either. I applied less than a week before the deadline tho.

I think a couple of days before the deadline!

I just checked my emails and they said they would let me know whether I’ve advanced to the WG stage by 30th January and then sent through the AC dates which aren’t until February and March

Reactions: CL20 and nina_123

SRW

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Also, about Bakers- you can progress to the WG, pass the test and still be rejected because of your application. So really getting the WG link is kind of a rudimentary step in the process, just depends when they can get around to doing an initial screening of your app.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
A white & case rejection :( (by the way it was in my junk mail). Feeling a bit demotivated because so far I haven’t passed the first stage of any of my applications and it makes me feel like a failure! Feel like a lot of time has been wasted but oh well I guess :( I don’t know how people stay positive throughout this experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.