Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratish S

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I'm a recent joiner to TCLA and it's so great to see the support here.

I applied to Allen & Overy last month for their Summer Vac Scheme but got transferred to a 2023 TC interview because they've almost filled up their spaces. Feel like it's such a good opportunity that I don't wanna miss on, by just getting a TC in second year of a non-law degree. Really nervous for the technical interview tomorrow, trying to get over my nerves rn.

LuLa

Star Member
Future Trainee
Nov 28, 2019
I'm a recent joiner to TCLA and it's so great to see the support here.

I applied to Allen & Overy last month for their Summer Vac Scheme but got transferred to a 2023 TC interview because they've almost filled up their spaces. Feel like it's such a good opportunity that I don't wanna miss on, by just getting a TC in second year of a non-law degree. Really nervous for the technical interview tomorrow, trying to get over my nerves rn.

hey, the same exact thing happened to me!
I applied for their winter scheme and they transferred me to the TC interview for their 2021/2022 intake. the process is exactly the same for both vac scheme and TC, the bar for TC is not significantly higher I would say.
my biggest piece of advice is walk in there with confidence and make sure that if you are interviewing for the TC you are really set on why A&O and not others.

good luck!

Reactions: Abstruser and NickyRaykes

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
hey, the same exact thing happened to me!
I applied for their winter scheme and they transferred me to the TC interview for their 2021/2022 intake. the process is exactly the same for both vac scheme and TC, the bar for TC is not significantly higher I would say.
my biggest piece of advice is walk in there with confidence and make sure that if you are interviewing for the TC you are really set on why A&O and not others.

good luck!
Did you get asked why A&O out of interest @LuLa :)

EJ

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Just received the following from HSF about summer vac scheme:

Your application is still under review and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
Hi Samar, that's really weird, my portal still says under review but I haven't heard anything from them at all? Do you think it would be worth me emailing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.