Advice on Video Interview with Eversheds Sutherland

AgnesG

Standard Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hello everyone! I have just been invited to Eversheds Sutherland's video interview and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or can relay any experience with the process? I am quite anxious, as the the application consisted solely of competency-based questions, I wonder if it is the same for the video interview.

Fez

May 16, 2018
Hi

Happy to help.

There will be 5 questions. You will have 1 min prep time and 2 mins to answer each question.

2 questions are future focussed. Explain what would you do in the described scenarios.

3 questions are past on your past experiences.

They will be strengths-based questions, and you will be expected to explain what you would/would not enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Fez

AgnesG

Standard Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi

Happy to help.

There will be 5 questions. You will have 1 min prep time and 2 mins to answer each question.

2 questions are future focussed. Explain what would you do in the described scenarios.

3 questions are past on your past experiences.

They will be strengths-based questions, and you will be expected to explain what you would/would not enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Fez
Hello Fez!

Thank you very much for your reply, that was extremely helpful! Thank you both for your help!

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    VI Tip - practice for general questions like - why law, why commercial law, why firm

And know examples of competency skills :)

I practice using the mirror or record myself on camera a couple of times then review my answers.

You can memorise most of it - but try to not sound too robotic during the actual VI

Take pauses when you speak

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.