Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Applied for a direct TC with Freshfields in November and haven't heard back... but, I read on their website that TC ACs are in March so I assume they're processing their other schemes first. I bet we'll probably hear from them in the next coming week or so.

Haven't even got a WG test so there may be still some hope!

JKs

Feb 24, 2019
Applied for a direct TC with Freshfields in November and haven't heard back... but, I read on their website that TC ACs are in March so I assume they're processing their other schemes first. I bet we'll probably hear from them in the next coming week or so.

Haven't even got a WG test so there may be still some hope!

Hi - I also applied for a direct TC at FF. I applied on 4 Jan and got invited to take the watson glaser earlier this week. I believe they look at applications in batches so there is hope!

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi - I also applied for a direct TC at FF. I applied on 4 Jan and got invited to take the watson glaser earlier this week. I believe they look at applications in batches so there is hope!
Batches? What do you mean exactly?
FF read every application so I am not sure exactly what you mean by this? Have they told you they read them in batches?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoNo

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Wrote some TC/VS deadlines for 31/01 who are doing the final push. Most of these are RB firms I think...

Thought I'd quickly write up some dates that are ending for this cycle:

31/01 Dechert Summer Vac
31/01 Dechert Spring Vac
31/01 Hogan Lovells TC (non-law)
31/01 Macfarlanes Spring Vac
31/01 Macfarlanes Summer Vac
31/01 Mayer Brown TC
31/01 Mayer Brown Summer Vac
31/01 Mayer Brown Spring Vac
31/01 NRF Summer Vac
31/01 Ropes & Gray Summer Vac
31/01 Ropes & Gray Spring Vac
31/01 CRS TC
31/01 CRS Spring Vac
31/01 CRS Summer Vac
31/01 Cooley TC
31/01 Cooley Summer Vac
31/01 Dechert Summer Vac
31/01 Fieldfisher TC
31/01 Greenberg Traurig TC
31/01 Orrick TC
31/01 Slaughter and May TC
31/01 Akin Gump Summer Vac
31/01 Cleary Summer Vac
31/01 Cleary Spring Vac
31/01 Milbank Summer Vac
31/01 Sidley Austin Spring Vac
31/01 Sidley Austin Summer Vac
31/01 Stephenson Harwood Spring Vac
31/01 Stephenson Harwood Summer Vac
31/01 Trowers & Hamlins Summer Vac
31/01 Vinson & Elkins Summer Vac
31/01 Withers Spring Vac
31/01 Withers Summer Vac

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Anyone heard back from Bristows regarding vac scheme?

Did you mean the Workshops? Bristows does not do vac schemes anymore ;)

In any case, they review on a non-rolling basis as far as I am aware, so I would not worry if you have not heard back from them as of now (the deadline is 31/01 so still plenty of time before they start responding).

Reactions: James Kitching

Serah O

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Is anyone able to offer Slaughter and May application advice, specifically on the cv.
For example, is it wise to exclude full breakdown of my results as they are already listed in the application form? Also, is it okay if I take out contact details leaving only my name at the top of the cv? Trying to free up space.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Is anyone able to offer Slaughter and May application advice, specifically on the cv.
For example, is it wise to exclude full breakdown of my results as they are already listed in the application form? Also, is it okay if I take out contact details leaving only my name at the top of the cv? Trying to free up space.
At the workshop I went to last year they said they wanted to see a full breakdown including GCSEs. To free up space they said last year not to detail what you learnt and go into detail about skills as they can infer this if you just put what you did and the responsibilities you had

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I 100% agree with you, but sometimes I think whether this should prioritise the fact that we need to pay off our tuition fees, need money, must qualify, and do other things in other to potentially change our career in the future hahaha
O
That's strange! Myself and a few friends all received our CAPP feedback report exactly 24 hrs after we completed the test. It should be automated.
i didn’t Get Capp feedback? And my status changed from under review to on hold :S

Emina

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Done - will let you guys know what they say

Hi Daniel! :) Just out of curiosity, did you ever hear back from Dechert? I applied for the VS too (sent in my app in December), and haven't heard back. I sent an email to the Graduate Recruitment team two weeks ago, and still haven't received a response.

Btw, I had a similar situation when I applied for the Open Day at Dechert (which was held in November). I received a generic rejection email the day before (!) the event. I had emailed Grad Rec prior to that, but never received a response...

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi Daniel! :) Just out of curiosity, did you ever hear back from Dechert? I applied for the VS too (sent in my app in December), and haven't heard back. I sent an email to the Graduate Recruitment team two weeks ago, and still haven't received a response.

Btw, I had a similar situation when I applied for the Open Day at Dechert (which was held in November). I received a generic rejection email the day before (!) the event. I had emailed Grad Rec prior to that, but never received a response...
    Hi Emina,

Nope I haven’t heard a thing from them. Tried calling 3 times and went straight to voicemail - something weird is going on at that firm!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Emina and Chido

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019

I’m in the same boat. Unfortunately I don’t think I got through because I sent it off two months ago now, and haven’t been invited to the 2nd stage. Wish they would just send a rejection email.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.