Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleks Owczarska

Future Trainee
Nov 5, 2019
Thanks I applied for a direct TC to Katten back in Nov but ain’t heard back yet

I think they are non-rolling? That's how I understood what they wrote on their website

"After the closing date, applications will be assessed and a shortlist of candidates will be interviewed in March/April 2020."

Reactions: W

Alan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys I have a bit of a problem!

So I have an AC with Simmons on the 4th and one with Freshfields on the 6th and I've just received an AC invite for BCLP but the only two available days are the 4th and 6th and I'm not sure how I should handle the situation. I've emailed both firms but wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Thank you!

• 🏆
Reactions: Camilla

Caitlin

Distinguished Member
Mar 26, 2019

So I have an AC with Simmons on the 4th and one with Freshfields on the 6th and I've just received an AC invite for BCLP but the only two available days are the 4th and 6th and I'm not sure how I should handle the situation. I've emailed both firms but wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Thank you!
I'm pretty sure BCLP have further dates available so I wouldn't worry! I'm sure they'll be able to offer you a later date :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Holly and Alan

SportsThoughts

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hi Guys, First Post on here! Can't quite believe I have heard nothing back from NRF for their Summer Scheme- I applied in early November! Did anyone hear anything?
Welcome!! I applied for Spring VS in early Dec, got through to WG but unsuccessful after that. I have it on good authority that someone who applied for a direct TC heard back well before I did so I think they do TC AC's first, then Spring VS AC's then Summer VS AC's.

Emina

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019

Thank you!

Hey, I have an AC with Simmons on the 4th too!! Will be nice to see someone from TCLA there :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Jaysen and Alan

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
Is it akin to networking? A firm representative would never tell you the very Q's that you will be asked in interview. Maybe more akin to going into an exam having already been handed the questions...
Dechert AC invite! Any tips would be of invaluable help!
lucky man they haven’t even replied my app ffs

Reactions: jan28 and Daniel Boden
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.