Heard back from:

A&O (rejected based on test score)
Clifford Chance (rejected post AC)
Linklaters (secured Vac scheme)
Freshfields (secured vac scheme)

Still waiting on reply:

Slaughter and May
Kirkland

This is also a clear reflection that just because it doesn’t work out with one firm, doesn’t mean that it won’t work out with others. It’s hard but try not to give up! I got two rejections prior to securing two magic circle vac schemes. You can do it!

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I have a phone interview with Mayer Brown tomorrow! Does anyone have any advice?
Make sure you can answer why you are applying to Mayer Brown and your interest in commercial law. Practising strength based questions will be an advantage as well! Good luck :)

Reactions: SG

mserwaah1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2019
Hey guys, Can anyone name 3 firms that are Mayer Brown's competitors and why? Would appreciate this greatly and will be happy to help anyone currently still in the process before AC in exchange! Thank you :)

Jay-Lo

Distinguished Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hey guys, Can anyone name 3 firms that are Mayer Brown's competitors and why? Would appreciate this greatly and will be happy to help anyone currently still in the process before AC in exchange! Thank you :)

Their overall competitors or competitors in a particular practice area?

edit - if overall then its: Sidley, Baker McKenzie and either MoFo or DLA Piper

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
For anyone who is still waiting on Kirkland & Ellis, don't worry- I emailed graduate recruitment the other day. She confirmed that my application was still being considered, and that they expect to send out more outcomes within the next week or so. They've had an unprecedented number of applications, so the screening process is taking longer than usual. Anyone who is still waiting to hear back should know the outcome within the next week or two.

Samar

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 28, 2019
Thought this would be helpful:

Heard back from:

A&O (rejected based on test score)
Clifford Chance (rejected post AC)
Linklaters (secured Vac scheme)
Freshfields (secured vac scheme)

Still waiting on reply:

Slaughter and May
Kirkland

This is also a clear reflection that just because it doesn’t work out with one firm, doesn’t mean that it won’t work out with others. It’s hard but try not to give up! I got two rejections prior to securing two magic circle vac schemes. You can do it!

This is a really great update message!! Amazing

Reactions: w2719a
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.