Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratish S

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Yeah.
I have an AC for summer on 13th February. I called them up before selecting to ask if it's gonna be a disadvantage as there were also options for 4th and 6th. They said that they're gonna be holding ACs throughout March.

Reactions: JayB

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Anyone heard from:

Freshfields TC (following a portal update)
Sidley Austin - Spring VS
Ropes & Gray - Spring VS
Dechert - Spring VS
Slaughter and May TC
Milbank - Summer VS
Cleary - Spring VS

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Anyone heard from:

Ropes & Gray - Spring VS
    Dechert - Spring VS
    Slaughter and May TC
    Milbank - Summer VS
    Cleary - Spring VS
    Freshfields - no
    Ropes & Gray - no (summer VS but their ACs are in March so I'll imagine they'll start letting people know fairly soon)
    Dechert - no (summer VS: their GradRec team seems a bit of a joke this year - 4 calls and 4 emails later I still haven't had a reply or spoken to anyone!)
    Milbank - no

Reactions: Lauren2

Natalie Black

Distinguished Member
    Aug 13, 2018
    No
    Question to everyone

After an interview, would you send a letter or email to your interviewers to thank them?

Some people recommend it (good manners, respect etc.), but on the flip side it may not go down well with every firm (looks beggy, artificial)?

What's your thoughts?
    No, just wait for 3-4 weeks

Natalie Black

Distinguished Member
    Aug 13, 2018
    Freshfields - no
    Ropes & Gray - no (summer VS but their ACs are in March so I'll imagine they'll start letting people know fairly soon)
    Dechert - no (summer VS: their GradRec team seems a bit of a joke this year - 4 calls and 4 emails later I still haven't had a reply or spoken to anyone!)
    Milbank - no

Milbank don't recruit on a rolling basis. So you wont hear back for about 2-3 weeks

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Freshfields - no
    Milbank - no

Thanks Daniel! :)

• 🤝

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Question to everyone

After an interview, would you send a letter or email to your interviewers to thank them?

Some people recommend it (good manners, respect etc.), but on the flip side it may not go down well with every firm (looks beggy, artificial)?

What's your thoughts?

In one interview I had, I really got along with the Associate. We had a lot of common ground e.g. coming from the same county, going to the same places, etc so I sent a thank you e-mail.

If you feel like you really built a rapport then I don't see why not. But, I don't think sending or not sending an e-mail will influence your application in anyway. You'd also wanna make sure that any e-mail you do send is short and sweet.

Good luck! :)

A98

Star Member
    Jun 17, 2019
    Anyone heard from:

Ropes & Gray - Spring VS
    Dechert - Spring VS
    Slaughter and May TC
    Milbank - Summer VS
    Cleary - Spring VS

I've got an AC with Dechert tmw and did the video interview in mid December. I think Ropes will start sending AC invites late feb/early march for spring schemes as they review everything after the deadline.

• ℹ️
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.