Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
On the other hand, CC, which uses the same portal as FF, tends to send PFOs right after the status has changed so idk whether there is still hope or whether FF simply has a different tactics.
Not sure! It’s odd because one of my friend had his status updated when he received the WG invite and it wasn’t updated beforehand. Then, I’ve seen some who have had their portals updated and a day later received a WG invite strange..

I’m curious to know has anyone on here received a rejection from FF!!!

Reactions: Miki3999

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi all,

I interviewed at slaughter and may for the summer work experience scheme 3 weeks ago today and still haven't heard from them. Is anyone else in this situation? Should I email them and ask for an update? I don't want to pester !

Thanks in advance

Hey just want to say last year I interviewed at Slaughters early Jan and only heard back in mid Feb (last app cycle) with an offer for the VS. I think they interview everyone before making offers so I wouldn't worry too much that you haven't heard back! xx

Reactions: MVE49

AAS18

Aug 5, 2019
    For the past year, I have seen posts from you guys after receiving vac schemes and seeing your happiness was so motivating. I always wanted to know what it really felt like.

I can finally say, NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After nearly 30 applications, countless rejections, 5 failed assessment centres and some disastrous video interviews, I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE WITH JONES DAY!

Thank you to everyone who gave me help and motivation!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Congratulations Harvey!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Al1793 and Harvey

hkhmoon2

Jan 14, 2020
    When will Ashurst start getting back to people ?
    If you've already finished their online assessment I'm guessing the 'usual time frame' oft mentioned in this thread. I finished my online assessment on Jan 23rd (deadline was Dec 24th), so I think maybe they're still in data-gathering mode? Sorry I couldn't help.

SYNOKA

Jan 14, 2020
    Hi all,

I interviewed at slaughter and may for the summer work experience scheme 3 weeks ago today and still haven't heard from them. Is anyone else in this situation? Should I email them and ask for an update? I don't want to pester !

Thanks in advance

I interviewed mid Jan - about 2 weeks ago - and I'm still waiting too. They said everyone would hear back after all the interviews were concluded, so it shouldn't be long!

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    If you've already finished their online assessment I'm guessing the 'usual time frame' oft mentioned in this thread. I finished my online assessment on Jan 23rd (deadline was Dec 24th), so I think maybe they're still in data-gathering mode? Sorry I couldn't help.
    Thank you! This is very useful to know. Did you apply to their direct TC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Interesting! Why is that? Are calls seen as more appropriate?

Not more appropriate, but in many cases a call is far more suitable.

Trainees are guilty of this in the workplace and culturally we have become used to responding via text, that we have become overly dependent on this as our main way of communication.

The quick way to work out if a call is more appropriate than an email:

Is there going to be some back and forth questions (then call)

Is there a chance you need to provide specific information or explain thing in detail (then call first, and then probably follow up with an email)

Is it urgent (then call)?

have you already emailed and haven’t got a response (then call)?

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Not more appropriate, but in many cases a call is far more suitable.

Trainees are guilty of this in the workplace and culturally we have become used to responding via text, that we have become overly dependent on this as our main way of communication.

The quick way to work out if a call is more appropriate than an email:

Is there going to be some back and forth questions (then call)

Is there a chance you need to provide specific information or explain thing in detail (then call first, and then probably follow up with an email)

Is it urgent (then call)?

have you already emailed and haven’t got a response (then call)?
    What if law firms do not pick up. I’ve had this issue with DLA Piper, so had to result to emailing! Some law firms don’t bother

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I interviewed mid Jan - about 2 weeks ago - and I'm still waiting too. They said everyone would hear back after all the interviews were concluded, so it shouldn't be long!

then to the person who said should I contact them, don’t. It’s clear you’ve got to wait until interviews are over.

J700F

Feb 5, 2020
    I rang them and they said they are still interviewing this week so haven't done any responses yet but we should start hearing back from next week onwards :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: SYNOKA

iamJW

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 21, 2019
    I received a WG invite for the NRF Summer VS, and recently completed that.

Does anyone know if they're automatically sent and what the turnaround time is between the test and a telephone interview invite (assuming a passing mark of course)?

Thanks
    When did you apply? I am still waiting for any type of correspondence from NRF for the summer scheme and I am now slightly concerned :/

Reactions: GM
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.