Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    can someone please help me in listing a couple of agencies that help find paralegal roles? I’ve heard there are a few out there and I was advised to be a member of a few to increase my chances of getting one. So far I’m just part of F-lex and it’s been some months but haven’t had an opportunity from them yet. Any recommendation is welcome :)

Have you tried searching for paralegal roles on LinkedIn?

Reactions: Emina

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hey guys, just a note on some of the rejections, please do not forget how competitive places are. Shearman take an average of ten candidates per scheme which is not a lot at all. Whilst it definitely doesn't soften the blow it is always good to keep things in perspective :)

iamJW

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 21, 2019
    Hey guys, just a note on some of the rejections, please do not forget how competitive places are. Shearman take an average of ten candidates per scheme which is not a lot at all. Whilst it definitely doesn't soften the blow it is always good to keep things in perspective :)
    Thanks Alice for the motivational perspective! I guess, speaking from experience, even if there is extreme competition for places it is hard to understand where we as applicants went wrong sometimes and adjust our applications accordingly. As someone who hasn't even made it to an AC yet this cycle, I am finding it hard to have any sort of faith in my other pending applications.

Hope3345

Mar 14, 2018
    Out of curiosity, did anybody receive a straight rejection from Bird & Bird post-VI, or did everyone else receive that email where they said they were impressed with the application form, test results and VI, but their ACs were full?

(This happened like a month ago but I've become increasingly curious)

Reactions: Lauren2
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.