Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Has anyone here ever gotten average scores for all but one with the Mayer Brown VRT & progressed ? I feel as though, those scores are perhaps what they look out for more than the situational judgement. So if you score a over average in all, plus have a good app..the you get through. Cause the situational judgement doesn’t really matter as you’re gonna score high in 3 things which they don’t mind as well.

I got average in all but didn’t meet their benchmark and therefore didn’t progress. I’m not sure if there’s a correlation between average and the benchmark

Rfn38

Aug 1, 2019
    Has anyone here ever gotten average scores for all but one with the Mayer Brown VRT & progressed ? I feel as though, those scores are perhaps what they look out for more than the situational judgement. So if you score a over average in all, plus have a good app..the you get through. Cause the situational judgement doesn’t really matter as you’re gonna score high in 3 things which they don’t mind as well.

I got average in all but didn’t meet their benchmark and therefore didn’t progress. I’m not sure if there’s a correlation between average and the benchmark

I dont think it does I scored avarage last year and got through and this year I scored above avarage in all but didnt!

mserwaah1

Star Member
    Jun 9, 2019

I don’t think the scores matter. This year I got one average and one a over average and the rest below average but I still progressed and recently had my assessment centre. I think it’s a combination of factors - starting with the strength of your application because I understand that between the team, they read EVERYTHING!

if it helps, this is what I got in my feedback report for the test. My top 3 strengths were: ownership, social adaptability and work ethic. For my VRT, I received below average scores for verbal adaptability, verbal interpretation and verbal reasoning. Received an average score for verbal comprehension, and an above average score for verbal dexterity.

Hope this helps.

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    I don’t think the scores matter. This year I got one average and one a over average and the rest below average but I still progressed and recently had my assessment centre. I think it’s a combination of factors - starting with the strength of your application because I understand that between the team, they read EVERYTHING!

if it helps, this is what I got in my feedback report for the test. My top 3 strengths were: ownership, social adaptability and work ethic. For my VRT, I received below average scores for verbal adaptability, verbal interpretation and verbal reasoning. Received an average score for verbal comprehension, and an above average score for verbal dexterity.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much we are oddly similar with our test results haha. Except for work ethic.. I got learning agility. Fingers crossed but I don’t know these days. I’ve had a lot of rejections and like one interview so it’s hard to stay positive. Thanks again!

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Thank you so much we are oddly similar with our test results haha. Except for work ethic.. I got learning agility. Fingers crossed but I don’t know these days. I’ve had a lot of rejections and like one interview so it’s hard to stay positive. Thanks again!

If anyone finds out the benchmark I’d love to know! I was told I didn’t get through because of the test benchmark, despite getting average in all (which you’d think would be good enough). Very odd!

Reactions: Mirela Mihova

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 14, 2020
    Submitted mine in November and still haven't heard. Don't think I've seen anyone with a positive response for summer yet. Is there Winter process completed now?
    Oh, I see! I believe so, all their places for Winter Vacs have been offered and it is taking place in a few weeks, so their focus is probably on that right now! hopefully, we hear soon :)

Mirela Mihova

Star Member
    Dec 13, 2019
    I did the tests for Mayer Brown earlier this month, got average results for all VRT components except for one. For the SJT my top three strengths were work ethic, attention to detail and collaboration - I got a rejection a few days after :( Hence why I do think that they look for above average results for at least three VRT components, can't really tell what they are ideally looking for when it comes to the SJT!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Pallatablelawyer and Lumree

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    I did the tests for Mayer Brown earlier this month, got average results for all VRT components except for one. For the SJT my top three strengths were work ethic, attention to detail and collaboration - I got a rejection a few days after :( Hence why I do think that they look for above average results for at least three VRT components, can't really tell what they are ideally looking for when it comes to the SJT!
    That’s very interesting. I really honestly doubt that a little bit because of what another person on the thread said earlier..Essentially they got a few below averages and one above average .. then they got through.. so I wonder if there are other things taken into consideration or it’s just pure luck. Whoever reads your app considers it all then decides.

Reactions: W

EvaK

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 19, 2019
    Has anyone heard back from Charles Russell Speechlys?

Can anyone from previous years give an indication of when they do start to contact applicants?
    Just searched through my emails, I received a rejection for last year's vac scheme on 8 February and I applied on or very close to the deadline. Hope this helps.

• 🤝
    Reactions: NadineBusty
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.