Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
I did it last summer, and although I didn't get through (based on the written exam), surprisingly found it one of the nicest assessment centres I had done.

It won't necessarily be the same, but the written exam I did was on the topic of the dying British high street. We were initially instructed to summarise three newspaper articles on it, and then to make notes to brief an associate before their meeting with a fictitious landlord client. I (quite stupidly) spent time summarising each article in turn rather than providing a general summary of all as there was a fair amount of overlap. I also wrote a lot of information very fast as wanted to get as much down as possible but was penalised for typos and they fed back that they expected a more polished document. Based on this, would strongly advise you don't compromise quality for quantity.

They also said you could bring your general knowledge into your answer so general commercial awareness should help.

Is this typed then? Or hand written

EvaK

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 19, 2019
Has anyone had a rejection from Taylor Wessing? Know they've held an AC already but heard nothing
No, but I don't have much hope left at this stage. Two people in the forum said they called them last week to ask about the status of their application and were told they ought to have received a rejection.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    For anyone still waiting to hear back from HSF, they have finally got back to me with an AC invite. I'm honestly laughing because it's been so long since I submitted the app that I genuinely forgot I even applied.

Star Member
    Sep 4, 2019
    Anyone done the Bakers VI and have any advice?

Also, I hadn't heard from them at all post application and so I emailed last week to check. They'd sent the WG before and I hadn't received it, so it's worth checking with them if you've heard nothing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.