Tips for Group Interviews?

JimTC

Standard Member
Jan 2, 2020
Anyone have tips for Allen & Overy's group interviews and how I should stand out amongst other candidates without dominating?

I'm told the group interviews are about doing a presentation on a case.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Anyone have tips for Allen & Overy's group interviews and how I should stand out amongst other candidates without dominating?

I'm told the group interviews are about doing a presentation on a case.
Well I'm sure you know by now the values and skills that they are looking for because that's what got you to this point. You just need to show them in action and present yourself as somebody that the other partners and associates would want to work with.

There is no set way to impress in a group exercise. It depends on i) the preference of the firm, ii) the composition of this particular group, and, of course, iii) your own personality and working style.

Reactions: JimTC and Eva

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.