Linklaters 2019/20 Application

EJ

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
also, the next stage on the progress chart says that there should be a telephone interview? Does anyone know if they actually do this, because I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread?

EJ

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
I’m exempted from the Watson Glaser round - which makes it difficult to see how they’ll evaluate assessment centre attendees purely in terms of the CAPP assessment.
Ahh okay, that is confusing. I would imagine that means they will look at everyone's watson glacer first to see if they met the benchmark (passing you through automatically) and then go on to compare and assess the CAPP assessment?

thelegalsieve

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Feb 4, 2020
Ahh okay, that is confusing. I would imagine that means they will look at everyone's watson glacer first to see if they met the benchmark (passing you through automatically) and then go on to compare and assess the CAPP assessment?
That's probably what they're doing! Has anyone heard back with an interview offer this week or the last?

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
I sent an email to Links' grad rec regarding a glitch in their application system and heard back the next day.

Ah thank you. Did you email grad recruitment or a specific person? I emailed the person I had spoken to previously yesterday, but not heard back yet. Maybe I have to give it a few days...

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Me, I’m a little confused because I applied through the Pathfinder Fast Track and I’m still yet to hear anything from them. It would be helpful if anyone could supply us with the Assessment Centre dates that are left.

I had a friend over the winter that completed the first year scheme and, as you know, was told he would receive an interview for the VS. It took him WEEKS of emailing to get it sorted. At times he said he felt like he was talking to a brick wall.

They eventually offered him an interview in the new year (After the Winter VS had been completed...) by which point he had already accepted a TC with another firm.

Persistence is going to be key I think.

thelegalsieve

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Feb 4, 2020
I had a friend over the winter that completed the first year scheme and, as you know, was told he would receive an interview for the VS. It took him WEEKS of emailing to get it sorted. At times he said he felt like he was talking to a brick wall.

They eventually offered him an interview in the new year (After the Winter VS had been completed...) by which point he had already accepted a TC with another firm.

Persistence is going to be key I think.
Thank you for the encouragement! Really appreciate it. I hope things are going well on your end :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.