Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
You guys!!! Received a VS for Macfarlanes! This was my last hope this cycle and have literally been having nightmares of rejections (last night I dreamt they rejected me because I laughed too much) so this is such a huge relief hahah

but honestly could not have done it without TCLA and all the kind people on this forum so thank you!

• 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: tylergab, EFox, HD and 53 others

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    You guys!!! Received a VS for Macfarlanes! This was my last hope this cycle and have literally been having nightmares of rejections (last night I dreamt they rejected me because I laughed too much) so this is such a huge relief hahah
    Fantastic, well done!

• 🤝
    Reactions: jan28

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    So sorry to hear Maddie. Where are you in this whole cycle of applications? How many times have you applied etc.?
    Hello thank you. This is my first round of applications so I know I’m very lucky to even get one interview. Unfortunately I applied to another 9 but they have all rejected me. As I’m in my last year of university With a non law degree I’m a bit stuck on what to do next year

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alice G

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hello thank you. This is my first round of applications so I know I’m very lucky to even get one interview. Unfortunately I applied to another 9 but they have all rejected me. As I’m in my last year of university With a non law degree I’m a bit stuck on what to do next year
    I understand completely. If this is what you want to do, try not to worry too much about this cycle. You will grow in confidence and having some workplace experience after university will be good whatever you do. I would recommend trying to get a job in London if that is where you want to be so you will be on hand to carry on with Insight evenings and talks to continue to show your commitment to Law. I know it's not easy, believe me, as we have all been through this and are still going through it. It's not for the faint hearted but you got to an AC with Macs and that is brilliant. Be proud of this achievement. Don't give up, reflect and continue to pursue the goal. It will pay off in the end.

Anjeri

Distinguished Member
    Jun 18, 2019

If you’re still up for applying, there’s a few firms that still have VS deadlines open. Fosters, Katten, Kingsley Napley and Shoosmiths to name a few.

There’s a full list here https://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors/WorkPlacementDeadlines

Good luck!!

• ℹ️
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Aurochschiette, Ifmhouse4 and M1999

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019

Hey, I know it’s disheartening but it really is amazing that you even managed to get an AC in your first round. As it was a particularly challenging one that covers almost all the possible exercises you’ll have learnt so much for the future. I was in your position last year (non law too) so I’d focus on getting the best grades for your degree and then tackle the winter schemes - they come around so fast!

Roland

Distinguished Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Pleased to share that I got a VS offer from Linklaters in their Hong Kong office. I'd like to thank @Jaysen and all the members here who share their tips and success stories - they are really encouraging and this is such a positive and supportive community! I cannot have done it without TCLA. I know the HK recruitment process differs slightly from the UK VS/TC but they both are looking for the same competencies. I've also done their WGT and the new capp assessment (same as the UK) so happy to share my thoughts and tips. I'd like to pay it forward so feel free to PM me :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Pleased to share that I got a VS offer from Linklaters in their Hong Kong office. I'd like to thank @Jaysen and all the members here who share their tips and success stories - they are really encouraging and this is such a positive and supportive community! I cannot have done it without TCLA. I know the HK recruitment process differs slightly from the UK VS/TC but they both are looking for the same competencies. I've also done their WGT and the new capp assessment (same as the UK) so happy to share my thoughts and tips. I'd like to pay it forward so feel free to PM me :)

Ahh so happy for you, well done!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Roland and Parent
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.