Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAA_a

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 14, 2019
Anyone waiting to hear back post-app with these following firms?

- Gibson Dunn
- Milbank
- Vinson Elkins
- Sidley
- Morrison Foerster
- Winston Strawn
- Orrick

Wondering why I have no news at all while many others have got AC or been rejected already?

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
N

- Gibson Dunn
- Milbank
- Vinson Elkins
- Sidley
- Morrison Foerster
- Winston Strawn
- Orrick

Wondering why I have no news at all while many others have got AC or been rejected already?
no one has heard from Orrick. I’m waiting on Gibson and Orrick

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jul 29, 2019

- Gibson Dunn
- Milbank
- Vinson Elkins
- Sidley
- Morrison Foerster
- Winston Strawn
- Orrick

Im also waiting to hear back from Gibson Dunn, Milbank, and V&E.

I know that people have had interviews at Gibson Dunn since the beginning of Jan, and V&E have sent out a few interviews recently. I don't think Milbank have given any interview invites though - they tend to reply quite late.

Best of luck!

Lottie98

Standard Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hey guys - I have the PwC ‘career focus day’ AC coming up and I’m really nervous and unsure about what to expect. Has anyone done it for 2019 or 2020? If so I’d really really appreciate some tips! Thanks so much in advance :)

Reactions: TM

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019

- Gibson Dunn
- Milbank
- Vinson Elkins
- Sidley
- Morrison Foerster
- Winston Strawn
- Orrick

Neither me nor my friend heard back from Winston & Strawn yet so I guess we have to wait!

Reactions: Lauren2

Lauren2

Valued Member
Jan 28, 2020

- Gibson Dunn
- Milbank
- Vinson Elkins
- Sidley
- Morrison Foerster
- Winston Strawn
- Orrick

I haven't heard from Winston & Strawn, nor Orrick. I'm assuming its rejections from both MoFo and V&E having not heard from them at this point, as they are well into ACs or have completed them (at least from what I've been told, however this could be wrong!). :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    How can a Best Friends Network(Travers , S&M) etc, offer advantages to clients? Than non Best friend network firms..

In my opinion:
    •Local expertise that comes from deep roots in that city/area. On the contrary, a law firm might have an office in say, Lisbon, but might not necessarily have as deep roots - especially if it’s either had to hire people or bring people in.

•Reduced cost. The firm doesn’t have additional overheads from renting offices across the globe and that can translate into more manageable costs on cross border issues. The best friend network caters to this as each firm benefits from the work but can split the expenditure between them while keeping consistent costs for the client.

There’s probably more but that’s off the top of my head!

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    How can a Best Friends Network(Travers , S&M) etc, offer advantages to clients? Than non Best friend network firms..

In short, Best Friend networks market themselves as having links with the best firms for a particular task in certain jurisdictions.

Non-BF network law firms might have offices in a number of locations that are relevant to the client but the office might not be the 'best' in that jurisdiction for the type of work that the client requires.

In theory, this would mean a 'top/high tier' service for the client regardless of jurisdiction.

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    Anyone heard back from V&E post VI?

V&E have conducted VI's and have sent out AC's.

- Gibson Dunn
    - Milbank
    - Vinson Elkins
    - Sidley
    - Morrison Foerster
    - Winston Strawn
    - Orrick

Quoting just for the V&E update.

arifdc

Mar 28, 2019
    Delighted for you my friend and if my advice helped you in any way then I'm glad! Very well done - you deserve this for all your hard work so make sure you celebrate :D

Thanks mate! You and @Jaysen along with all the resources on TCLA made a key difference for sure. TCLA is a groundbreaking platform that I wish was available many years ago!

Roland

Distinguished Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Hey guys - I have the PwC ‘career focus day’ AC coming up and I’m really nervous and unsure about what to expect. Has anyone done it for 2019 or 2020? If so I’d really really appreciate some tips! Thanks so much in advance :)

I did last year. Feel free to PM me :)

8pm rejection from Mayer Brown post-tests lol
    At least that's one firm whose Grad Rec team I know was working late tonight
    Same here lol

Rachel S

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 16, 2019
    I am in the process of picking a seat preference for a summer vac scheme and a little torn. I would usually pick corporate as the area I am most interested in and probably have the most knowledge of but I am soon to start a role as a real estate paralegal so am tempted to pick real estate as I am hoping I will have more experience by then. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.