General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaw96

Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah no news post app.

When did you both apply? I have a place on the CMS Academy (London) this summer and completed an AC at CMS in mid-Jan. I applied in late November and received my WG test invite the next day. I think they are running AC's through till early-mid March though so I wouldn't give up hope yet!

Last edited:

Ayo Babatunde

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
I might be reading into this too much, but if an application question asks 'why law' and not the usual 'why commercial law' , do I need to focus on why law more generally or would my motivations for commercial law be okay?

Reactions: Lauren2

Jennifer Shaw

Feb 29, 2020
I have an Assessment Centre at Irwin Mitchell on Monday morning - does anyone know what the "instruction taking" part of the day will entail and if there is any way that I could prepare for it? Any help/ guidance would be great!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I might be reading into this too much, but if an application question asks 'why law' and not the usual 'why commercial law' , do I need to focus on why law more generally or would my motivations for commercial law be okay?

depends on the firm. If they work in areas outside of commercial law, then there is a risk it won’t be right.

Jean

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 15, 2018
Hey guys Ive just found out that I have made it to the VI stage for Dechert after several months of waiting! I'm really happy to have made it to this stage as its a dream firm of mine! However, I have never made it past a video interview stage before and I am worried that I will screw this up.

Does anyone have any advice for VI's in general and if possible any indication of what the questions for Dechert might be? Thanks guys! Wishing you all good luck, and sending positive vibes, for the rest of this gruelling application season!

PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.