General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Just had interview at Jones Day and absolutely gutted as stumbled over a few things which should have had quite obvious answers, although I tried to remain confident throughout - this was my only interview this year so rather disheartened!

Hey, sometimes you might feel that the interview did not go well but in fact your performance could have been better that you think it was! I know it is not always a rule, on one occasion I knew instantly I screwed up too and when the rejection came I was like "yeah, fair enough" BUT equally, I had situations where I thought I was dreadful but still progressed to the next stage, so please do not lose hope just yet! :)

Asmee DC

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jan 17, 2019
Hi all, not sure if anyone else has experienced something similar but I had not realised there was an additional questionnaire on things like gender and background etc at the end of the FieldFisher online assessment. I therefore didn't complete this. I received my assessment results via email which stated that I would hear back from FieldFisher within 7 days - this was 3 weeks ago. I am now wondering whether, because I hadn't spotted the questionnaire, my application was not considered. I have now completed the questionnaire but I fear it's too late. Can anyone shed light on this? I have emailed to ask about this but have had no response so far.

Thanks!

Fieldfisher is pretty slow with getting back to people so I'd say just continue waiting! I don't think there's any harm in emailing GR if it's been a month post online assessment. They don't recruit all at once - I know someone who went to the AC end of January, but I know someone else who has an upcoming AC with them at the end of March. These were both for the Birmingham office!

Reactions: Popal

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
Fieldfisher is pretty slow with getting back to people so I'd say just continue waiting! I don't think there's any harm in emailing GR if it's been a month post online assessment. They don't recruit all at once - I know someone who went to the AC end of January, but I know someone else who has an upcoming AC with them at the end of March. These were both for the Birmingham office!
Thanks Asmee! My application was for the London office, but it's reassuring to know that they don't recruit all at once for sure. I thought I had ruined my chances, so you have given me hope :)

Reactions: Asmee DC

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
Has anyone else received the email about Linklater’s spring scheme? I know it’s impossible to predict, but does anyone have any thoughts on if the VS gets cancelled, would they move us onto a different scheme or onto direct TC or is it just tough luck then?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone else received the email about Linklater’s spring scheme? I know it’s impossible to predict, but does anyone have any thoughts on if the VS gets cancelled, would they move us onto a different scheme or onto direct TC or is it just tough luck then?

might be coronavirus related...

but it could be as simple as the is a change in team and they don’t have capacity to run the scheme as originally planned

I would expect them to move you to another scheme or TC application (and probably have to be interviewed again for the TC)

Reactions: m24 and Lauren2

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
might be coronavirus related...

but it could be as simple as the is a change in team and they don’t have capacity to run the scheme as originally planned

I would expect them to move you to another scheme or TC application (and probably have to be interviewed again for the TC)

Yes it is because of the Coronavirus

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Hey, sometimes you might feel that the interview did not go well but in fact your performance could have been better that you think it was! I know it is not always a rule, on one occasion I knew instantly I screwed up too and when the rejection came I was like "yeah, fair enough" BUT equally, I had situations where I thought I was dreadful but still progressed to the next stage, so please do not lose hope just yet! :)
Thank you! :)

c1070

Esteemed Member
Mar 4, 2020
Thanks Asmee! My application was for the London office, but it's reassuring to know that they don't recruit all at once for sure. I thought I had ruined my chances, so you have given me hope :)

I have a FF AC end of march - completed telephone interview early feb and originally invited to AC on the 10th but by the time I clicked the link they were full for that one. No idea if they've sent out offers/next round interviews though!

they took forever to get back to me after tests to invite to phone interview though if thats helpful!

Reactions: Popal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.