General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
A dark purple (somewhere between indigo and eggplant- I had to google shades of purple). I think I'll be putting it in a bun!

Whether or not this is practical, I'll let you decide. At one of the AS events I attended last year, Chris made a really big deal about not changing who "you" are for a firm. If you say your hair and the way it is is a big part of you, you should try and appear as natural as "you" are so that you can feel as comfortable as possible during the interview.

Also, there's perhaps something to be said about a firm judging you on the way you look. You want to be judged on merits, not looks. If a firm arent going to hire you because of your hair, that may not be the firm you want to work for.

Of course, the legal sector is professional and the practitioners no doubt had a duty to present a "respectable" image to their client, but... some food for thought.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I cannot believe I get to say these words, but I have been offered a training contract with Freshfields!!

I have always maintained that the right firm is out there for us all and that we will eventually make it over the line with them when the time is right, and I hope that I can reinforce how truthful this is through my experience! The setbacks and challenges are just paving the way for us to get that all-important "yes" right when you want it the most.

I will be forever grateful to you all for the kindness, encouragement and support you have given me. I also just want to say a special thank you to @Jaysen, @Raam, @Daniel Boden, @Maddie R and @Jessica Booker - you are such wonderful people and friends. I am so excited for this next chapter! :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I cannot believe I get to say these words, but I have been offered a training contract with Freshfields!!

I have always maintained that the right firm is out there for us all and that we will eventually make it over the line with them when the time is right, and I hope that I can reinforce how truthful this is through my experience! The setbacks and challenges are just paving the way for us to get that all-important "yes" right when you want it the most.

I will be forever grateful to you all for the kindness, encouragement and support you have given me. I also just want to say a special thank you to @Jaysen, @Raam, @Daniel Boden, @Maddie R and @Jessica Booker - you are such wonderful people and friends. I am so excited for this next chapter! :)
    So unbelievably thrilled for you Alice! No one deserves it more - enjoy the celebrations :D

• 🏆
    Reactions: Bugsy Malone, ZH and Alice G

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

So so proud, you’ve helped so many people here - couldn’t think of someone more deserving!

Olivia Graham

Star Member
    Aug 6, 2019

Congratulations Alice! This is so well deserved - absolutely made my day to hear it!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    So so proud, you’ve helped so many people here - couldn’t think of someone more deserving!
    So unbelievably thrilled for you Alice! No one deserves it more - enjoy the celebrations :D

Thank you both so much! Genuinely couldn’t have done it without your moral support and encouragement, it’s meant the world!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019

Oh my goodness ALICE I AM SO SO SO PLEASED FOR YOU. YOU DESERVE THIS THE MOST!!!

bethbristol

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 30, 2019

So amazing!!!

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Alice G and Daniel Boden

J32

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 4, 2019

So proud of you Alice. You've been such an inspiring member of this forum, and I can't think of anyone more deserving. Make sure you celebrate this incredible achievement :D I am buzzing for you!!

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Alice G, Daniel Boden and bethbristol

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    So proud of you Alice. You've been such an inspiring member of this forum, and I can't think of anyone more deserving. Make sure you celebrate this incredible achievement :D I am buzzing for you!!
    Thank you for always being such a great friend to me and for keeping my spirits up when I needed it most!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and J32

AAS18

Aug 5, 2019

Congratulations Alice!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and Alice G

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019

Huge congrats Alice!!

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.