General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Do Mishcon only take on trainees via the vacation scheme route? Other firms could possibly opt to do direct TC interviews instead
Yes they only recruit from Vac Scheme, I have an interview with them next week and I am wondering if it will be cancelled/moved to Skype. Not sure whether I should buy my train tickets yet.

Demna87

Distinguished Member
Aug 23, 2018
Yes they only recruit from Vac Scheme, I have an interview with them next week and I am wondering if it will be cancelled/moved to Skype. Not sure whether I should buy my train tickets yet.
Ah I hope they manage to work something out. I’ve had a train ticket that I didn’t use refunded on Trainline before, it might be worth looking at. Hopefully they’ll let you know soon though.

NMD

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
O wow. Are they adding separate dates in the summer or are you joining the original summer scheme?
They have allowed us to transfer to the original summer scheme. Luckily I do not have a clash with other schemes but I anticipate this will be an issue for many!

• ℹ️
Reactions: AY

csyn

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Rejection post-AC for King & Spalding... I am quite gutted, but 1) I still have a VS lined up for the spring with another law firm, 2) I think it was actually a great experience, 3) there were so many great candidates that day that if I had to make a shortlist, I would find it very tricky too!

always so painful to receive a rejection, especially when you had such a good app! that being said, you are definitely handling this very maturely, and very well. Keep your spirits up! At the very worst, you are being productive. At the very best, you are building up resilience! The feeling of rejection is a familiar feeling when you are as ambitious as you are :)

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
always so painful to receive a rejection, especially when you had such a good app! that being said, you are definitely handling this very maturely, and very well. Keep your spirits up! At the very worst, you are being productive. At the very best, you are building up resilience! The feeling of rejection is a familiar feeling when you are as ambitious as you are :)

Thank you for your kind post, I really appreciate it!❤️

• 🤝
Reactions: csyn
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.