Hill Dickinson 2019/2020 application

Sara

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
I'm
It was mainly about the firm.

I feel like what I said was good but perhaps I just rushed it. Wish I had taken a bit more of a breath before speaking. Might just not have been good enough for me this time!
Sure it went better than you thought. Has anyone else heard anything? Whether an invite to an interview or otherwise?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I don't think they have contacted London applicants either yet. Weird because they have a timeline on their site so you'd think they would notify you if they were running behind.

To be honest I messed up with my applications for everywhere this cycle. I approached them far too academically and, even though I prefer my answers to those I've seen from more successful applicants, I accept that I didn't give what they were looking for. So I'm prepared if I don't make the cut, even though I'll be disappointed. There is always next year!

Sara

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Have you heard anything post WG yet!? It is definitely odd given the timeline they set for the applications!

Nothing. I've asked a couple of friends who also applied to the Manchester office and they haven't heard anything either. Weird. I'd rather get a rejection asap than this waiting

Sam Wiggs

Feb 21, 2020
Nothing. I've asked a couple of friends who also applied to the Manchester office and they haven't heard anything either. Weird. I'd rather get a rejection asap than this waiting
I emailed HD asking about the delay and the interview dates having passed - they've said it's just down to the number of applications so they'll be in touch soon - effectively, doesn't mean anything negative that there's been no reply yet.

Reactions: Sara

Aimee

Standard Member
Feb 12, 2020
I emailed HD asking about the delay and the interview dates having passed - they've said it's just down to the number of applications so they'll be in touch soon - effectively, doesn't mean anything negative that there's been no reply yet.
Yeah to be fair we still haven't heard anything since the skype interview, they said by end of February so potentially the next few days. Has anyone heard anything further?

Rosettie

Standard Member
Feb 5, 2020
Yeah to be fair we still haven't heard anything since the skype interview, they said by end of February so potentially the next few days. Has anyone heard anything further?

I haven't heard back post Skype interview (Manchester office) but they did say end of Feb so still a few days - fingers crossed!

Martin S.

• Mar 12, 2020
    Well for the Liverpool office they asked "what skills do lawyers need?", "what makes us unique?" and "what challenges do we face?"

Good luck - let us know how you get on!
    Soooooo, it went.. okay, is suppose. They asked about the skills of lawyers (and how I developed those), selling points of Hill Dickinson, and today's challenges of the legal industry

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Soooooo, it went.. okay, is suppose. They asked about the skills of lawyers (and how I developed those), selling points of Hill Dickinson, and today's challenges of the legal industry
    Fingers crossed for you. Mine wasn't great and unfortunately I didn't get an offer. Will be applying again next year though, hopefully I will be more successful!

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Why did you interview went wrong?
    I was nervous and was thrown off with the type of questions. I was expecting more of a conversation with strength based questions to show personality. I didn't use the STAR approach with the skills question and could have expanded all three answers really.

It's a learning process! Hopefully I can build on it for next time

Martin S.

• Mar 12, 2020
    I was nervous and was thrown off with the type of questions. I was expecting more of a conversation with strength based questions to show personality. I didn't use the STAR approach with the skills question and could have expanded all three answers really.

It's a learning process! Hopefully I can build on it for next time
    Did they say when they will announce results?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.