Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Annalise2.0

Jan 15, 2019
    Hi all, does anyone have any advice on how to perform well in written exercises in assessment centres. From my previous feedback, I've been told my written structure is good but the content itself lets me down. Any resources out there for helping to practice picking out key points in a case study in a timed condition? Thanks :)

Reg

Star Member
    Nov 6, 2019
    I think it might be worth applying for direct TC applications given the situation. Since we are all going through everything together, you wont be at a disadvantage!

Maybe if you have time and some energy find some apps you want to submit so you dont wait a whole cycle of not submitting - just my thoughts :)

Thank you! The process itself teaches you a lot!
    Agreed! Back to the drawing board it is...

Reactions: ZH

Charles

Distinguished Member
    Sep 25, 2019
    I initially applied to the vac scheme in late December but later requested to change to TC. Got WG late feb and VI last week. They did say all candidates will find out if they’re successful on VI by May 4th so presumably you’ll hear back before then!

Ahh thank u very much you are a star

yahyee96

Feb 24, 2020
    I am really curious to see what will happen to those who have already secured VS’ if firms decide to cancel all schemes this year. Will people be made TC offers based on their VS AC performance? Will we have to interview virtually for direct TC spaces? What about firms that don’t offer direct TC’s? So many questions, my anxiety is at its peak today. Anyway just praying that everyone is safe!

I imagine they would require an additional interview for those with VS offers, probably virtual if the current measures stay in place. I have an offer for Mishcon in the summer and I'm wondering how they will do it given that they only hire through VS in normal circumstances.

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    I imagine they would require an additional interview for those with VS offers, probably virtual if the current measures stay in place. I have an offer for Mishcon in the summer and I'm wondering how they will do it given that they only hire through VS in normal circumstances.
    I assume they would have to either prolong the VS to a later period to make it like a winter VS depending on how corona fares or do direct TCs instead.

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hi everyone - had my first round of treatment and feel pretty lousy! Tired mainly. Not sure how the rest will go as this whole awful situation is affecting anyone receiving therapy - I think they may try to turn it to oral medication to be administered at home to avoid any hospital admittance.

I thought I had seen on here a video interview sheet of advice? I may be wrong but any help as to where I can locate this would be marvellous as I'm not having much success. I found @Jessica Booker's jpg file which is great. Thank you. Any other pointers gratefully received.

Last edited:

yahyee96

Feb 24, 2020
    I assume they would have to either prolong the VS to a later period to make it like a winter VS depending on how corona fares or do direct TCs instead.
    Good point. Now that I think about it, if the TC would be starting in 2022 anyway, they are probably happy to just postpone the VS intake to the next cycle and run alongside VS' for 2023 candidates.

Reactions: W

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi everyone - had my first round of treatment and feel pretty lousy! Tired mainly. Not sure how the rest will go as this whole awful situation is affecting anyone receiving therapy - I think they may try to turn it to oral medication to be administered at home to avoid any hospital admittance.

I thought I had seen on here a video interview sheet of advice? I may be wrong but any help as to where I can locate this would be marvellous as I'm not having much success. I found @Jessica Booker's jpg file which is great. Thank you. Any other pointers gratefully received.

Hi Helena, so lovely to hear from you though I’m so sorry to hear of the impact your treatment is having. I have been thinking of you as I’m sure many others on the forum have been too.

I’m really sorry but I can’t quite remember a sheet on VIs, was it a recent post or something from a while back?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hi Helena, so lovely to hear from you though I’m so sorry to hear of the impact your treatment is having. I have been thinking of you as I’m sure many others on the forum have been too.

I’m really sorry but I can’t quite remember a sheet on VIs, was it a recent post or something from a while back?

Alice thank you for your kind words. I wish I could remember, but I think from a while back. Just cannot locate it .
    I know there are sheets on potential TC questions etc. Thought there was one on VI?

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Alice thank you for your kind words. I wish I could remember, but I think from a while back. Just can not locate it .
    I know there are sheets on potential TC questions etc. Thought there was one on VI?
    Don’t worry - I often struggle to find the things I know I’ve written! Let me try and see if I can locate it or I wonder if @Daniel Boden or @Jaysen might remember? It does sound like something we would have! :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Have PM'd you!

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Helena and Alice G

Ravenclaw

Standard Member
    Jan 21, 2020
    Internal source has mentioned A&O have frozen associate pay and pausing half their bonus.

A commenter on here was worrying about COVID's impact on firms and I thought they really really didnt need to. I hate to say this but I am starting to change my mind. For a MC firm to freeze pay is surely hinting at a 2008 all over again?

Reactions: Mia97 and STWO
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.