Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, does anyone mind sharing a successful Macfarlanes application with me please? Thanks

I’d advise against taking this approach to trying to work out what a good application is.

1) it’s likely successful based on evidence the individual provided that you cannot provide

2) most likely you will try to replicate sections of it, which won’t fit for you as an individual

Last edited:
Reactions: Zayn and Jaysen

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys - quick request!

I have just put up a guide to video interviews but really want to know what else you guys would like to see in our threads and forums. It can be literally anything from some more advice on how to impress on vac schemes to questions which dive deeply into commercial concepts or law firm metrics even!

Please let us know as we think now is the perfect time to really 'up our content game' on here so as to help and assist you guys to really hit the ground running for the next app cycle!

Please do not be shy - there is no such thing in these forums as a silly question or suggestion so really keen to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
The WG on the Clifford Chance never seems to work. The page is always blank. Anyone have a good link for it?
I don’t think there is another way to access it other than through their website, when you say it is coming up blank do you mean like a blank new window?

Update: So this is how you should be able to access the Clifford Chance practice test, by scrolling down to the 'try a test' box on this link https://careers.cliffordchance.com/london/join-us/how-we-hire.html

However, it seems there is a system error with GetFeedback - the WG provider of the practice test. I assume they are working to resolve it so maybe just try again throughout this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.