DAC Beachcroft video interview

skizzle

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Mar 29, 2019
Hi, would anyone be able to give me any insight into the VI for DAC Beachcroft? Would really appreciate any insight, thank you!

Edit: Hi everyone, I asked this question on behalf of a friend so I didn't actually sit the VI myself!! Sorry but I wouldn't be much help if you message me directly!

Last edited:

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
There's five or four questions. Once you finish your answer you can listen to it and then decide if you want to re-record it (you will have the maximum of three attempts per question).
There is no timer as such so at least there is not that much pressure.

As for the questions themselves, be ready to introduce yourself in a few sentences, think about why you applied to DACB and, lastly, what are their key clients and issues that are impacting them.

Good luck!

skizzle

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Mar 29, 2019
There's five or four questions. Once you finish your answer you can listen to it and then decide if you want to re-record it (you will have the maximum of three attempts per question).
There is no timer as such so at least there is not that much pressure.

As for the questions themselves, be ready to introduce yourself in a few sentences, think about why you applied to DACB and, lastly, what are their key clients and issues that are impacting them.

Good luck!

Thanks so so much!!

Orxy

Apr 28, 2020
Hi all,
They came back to me on 28/04 asking to re- record my answers as sound of my videos was very poor. I am so grateful that they did not just ignore my poor quality videos by skipping to the next applicant and actually had asked me to do them again. It just shows their remarkable attitude to a person, however small or big they are!
So I assume they are now reviewing our answers. Fingers crossed and good luck to us all!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Considering the vacancy is for 2021 and 2022 they should be getting back to us before June/July. Reason being that they would still need to runs ACs and then 2021 applicants would need to be prepared to commence the LPC/GDL this September.

unless they are considering people who have already completed them or they are thinking of putting people on the SQE instead.

TYP

May 14, 2020
unless they are considering people who have already completed them or they are thinking of putting people on the SQE instead.

Thinking a bit too much but, do you think that firms now may recruit those with GDL/LPC as it would be a sure fire way to save a lot of money? Considering it would really serve no disadvantages to the firm, it is something which only has advantages?

Also would allow them alot more time to make decisions, almost up to a year extra?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thinking a bit too much but, do you think that firms now may recruit those with GDL/LPC as it would be a sure fire way to save a lot of money? Considering it would really serve no disadvantages to the firm, it is something which only has advantages?

Also would allow them alot more time to make decisions, almost up to a year extra?

doubt that will be an approach - they don’t save that much money in the grand scheme of things. This might just be that they haven’t got much option to do so given the current circumstances and time limits. So I think the extra time point you make is far more relevant in this situation.

The SQE coming in in 2021 allows firms to change their approach though - I wouldn’t be surprised if they now see this as an opportunity to start people straight out of uni and to do their SQE training in the form of an apprenticeship - that would save money much better than just saying they would take on those who have completed the GDL/LPc

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
doubt that will be an approach - they don’t save that much money in the grand scheme of things. This might just be that they haven’t got much option to do so given the current circumstances and time limits. So I think the extra time point you make is far more relevant in this situation.

The SQE coming in in 2021 allows firms to change their approach though - I wouldn’t be surprised if they now see this as an opportunity to start people straight out of uni and to do their SQE training in the form of an apprenticeship - that would save money much better than just saying they would take on those who have completed the GDL/LPc
How would that place graduates from previous years? Not positively I fear.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How would that place graduates from previous years? Not positively I fear.

not any differently in my opinion. When I said “straight out of uni” I didn’t mean they had to be a finalist, I meant more that they would start employment with the firm whilst preparing for the SQE, while other firms seem to be taking the approach of putting people through a SQE prep course first (so like the LPC now).

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
not any differently in my opinion. When I said “straight out of uni” I didn’t mean they had to be a finalist, I meant more that they would start employment with the firm whilst preparing for the SQE, while other firms seem to be taking the approach of putting people through a SQE prep course first (so like the LPC now).
Thank you for clarifying this. That's very useful.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.