Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I mean, it's a possibility. However, they could just lump us all in together. They still need to hire for the 2 years ahead at the end of the day. I suppose a possibility would be to just run Spring/Summer in 2021.

well they don’t have to recruit two years in advance anymore...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
No worries if not but does anyone know what the current situation in terms of trainees due to commence in September this year is? e.g. have their TCs been deferred/wfh or is it still looking uncertain? Or if not maybe the situation in similar industries e.g. banking, big 4 etc?

Very much depends on the firm

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    List has now been updated to reflect all the posts since May. If anyone notices I've missed something out, feel free to let me know and I'll fix!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    When does everyone expect the legal industry to pick back up by, back to pre-covid levels?

Not only in terms of employment opportunities, but also firms’ work and revenues.

Too many factors for people to comment on accurately. Could be as early as 12 months time, could be several years.

Financial crisis actually took a long time to impact law firms. Financial crisis started in 2007, took a good 15 months to really kick in and didn’t impact law firms really until 2009. This is hitting everyone much harder and quicker, but that could mean it bounces back much quicker.

Despite deferrals in 2009, things were fairly back to normal by late 2010. In fact a few firms did top up recruitment in 2010 for their 2011 intakes because things were starting to really pick up again.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.