Hill Dickinson 2019/2020 application

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
The questions were mostly competency based, there were a few “what would you do in this scenario” questions. Most of them were pretty predictable though, like why did you choose your presentation topic, why Hill Dickinson, biggest challenges for the firm, etc

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Has anyone heard back?? I saw on linked in that someone has received a TC offer in Manchester, but so far I've seen nothing for London or any of the other offices. I'm scared they've done the calls and nobody posted about their offer...maybe they send all the rejection emails at the end. They said we'd hear by late July and it's July 30th with no word! Getting proper anxious aha...anyone hear anything yet?

Rosettie

Standard Member
Feb 5, 2020
Has anyone heard back?? I saw on linked in that someone has received a TC offer in Manchester, but so far I've seen nothing for London or any of the other offices. I'm scared they've done the calls and nobody posted about their offer...maybe they send all the rejection emails at the end. They said we'd hear by late July and it's July 30th with no word! Getting proper anxious aha...anyone hear anything yet?

I haven't heard back yet either, and seen a few more people receive TC offers so I agree it's not looking too good!

smith363

Apr 1, 2020
I also haven't heard anything, for the direct application route.

I emailed graduate recruitment last Wednesday as their website does give a timeline of the dates for the next steps after the application but these have all passed now. Unfortunately they have not got back to me.

You would think if they have paused recruitment they would let us know?

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Okay, I emailed them and they replied that they still haven't finished deciding, for London anyway (to answer your question Will I did the London insight scheme). I don't understand though, because it seems from linked in that basically all the spots have been filled? They said it will be a few more weeks till I hear back... we'll see what happens

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
I emailed graduate recruitment last Wednesday as their website does give a timeline of the dates for the next steps after the application but these have all passed now. Unfortunately they have not got back to me.

You would think if they have paused recruitment they would let us know?

That's super odd. Hopefully we will hear soon. Not hopeful though, if they've already filled the majority of their spaces using the vac scheme?!

Reactions: smith363

smith363

Apr 1, 2020
Recruitment emailed me back to say they are still “processing” London direct Tc applications and everything has been delayed due to Covid etc and I will hear in due course . But not really holding out much hope tbh

Cer96

Star Member
Future Trainee
Aug 13, 2020
Hello, has anyone heard anything further for direct applications?

Same as above, heard back a few days ago that recruitment timelines have been pushed back and applications still being processed for an application to their Northern offices. Completely understandable in the context, even if it is showing me just how much I can check my emails if I'm waiting for something :D

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.