BPP Waterloo PGDL Start Date

QWERTY123

Standard Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea for the start date for BPP Waterloo for the PGDL- I can't find it online anywhere.
I was also wondering if anyone had a rough idea for a timetable for what the average week looks like.
Thanks

gg999

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea for the start date for BPP Waterloo for the PGDL- I can't find it online anywhere.
I was also wondering if anyone had a rough idea for a timetable for what the average week looks like.
Thanks

It says in a document that I was sent by my firm that the start date would be 7th September 2020. Not sure about the timetable. However they are changing the structure by having exams in December and April so whatever pre-existing timetable they have been going by may not be the best indication. I feel like instead of teaching everything at once they will split the modules up into two blocks from my understanding but I am not 100% sure on the specifics of this.

As Jessica said, it might be worth reaching out to BPP directly for this information.

According to BPPs website, they have said all teaching is online until 31st August 2020, it is likely to go on further than that after speaking on the phone with them and speaking with grad rec at my firm. So something for you to consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
It says in a document that I was sent by my firm that the start date would be 7th September 2020. Not sure about the timetable. However they are changing the structure by having exams in December and April so whatever pre-existing timetable they have been going by may not be the best indication. I feel like instead of teaching everything at once they will split the modules up into two blocks from my understanding but I am not 100% sure on the specifics of this.

As Jessica said, it might be worth reaching out to BPP directly for this information.

According to BPPs website, they have said all teaching is online until 31st August 2020, it is likely to go on further than that after speaking on the phone with them and speaking with grad rec at my firm. So something for you to consider.
Can confirm that I was told the 8 modules will be split in two blocks of four. The first four up to December and the last four running Jan to April. Further info I was told was each module will be assessed 40% multiple choice and 60% by another means whether it be an essay or exam or something else. This might be subject to change but this was what the tutor was able to advise me on a call in the past month

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Also understand there is pre reading to do (imagine not a terrible amount but they’ll sent it and we will have the time to do it and review) and I think very late August/September sounds right for the start date based on what I’ve heard, though nothing concrete yet

gg999

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Can confirm that I was told the 8 modules will be split in two blocks of four. The first four up to December and the last four running Jan to April. Further info I was told was each module will be assessed 40% multiple choice and 60% by another means whether it be an essay or exam or something else. This might be subject to change but this was what the tutor was able to advise me on a call in the past month

Also understand there is pre reading to do (imagine not a terrible amount but they’ll sent it and we will have the time to do it and review) and I think very late August/September sounds right for the start date based on what I’ve heard, though nothing concrete yet

Ahhh amazing, I love multiple choice, it really takes the pressure off! You obviously still need to learn the content but I really like that and I am glad they have revamped the way they teach the GDL because doing all 8 modules at once and then sitting all the papers in June seemed hella crazy intense and stressful!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Ahhh amazing, I love multiple choice, it really takes the pressure off! You obviously still need to learn the content but I really like that and I am glad they have revamped the way they teach the GDL because doing all 8 modules at once and then sitting all the papers in June seemed hella crazy intense and stressful!
Yeah I think it’s quite good as we should get a break inbetween the two blocks where we won’t have to necessarily revise- I believe before it was January exams and so the holiday period was very revision heavy!

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Anyone else super excited and nervous at the same time?
100% but more excited I think! The only thing I was told to prepare is look at study tips and techniques as I graduated three years ago. I’m definitely out of practice which is why I’m nervous but super excited to be learning new things!

Reactions: MaryPan1 and Eva
D

Deleted member 5556

Hi all,

I thought let me reach out to my peers to be more informed in making the decision on which law school is better suited to me.

The new PGDL at BPP is now taught at masters level (level 7) with the addition of company law. Tad scary. Whereas ULaw seems to have remained the same.

Apart from your law firms* advising you on which law school to attend, what other factors have you considered and why did they matter to you?

*if you have not secured a TC - ignore that point.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicktim

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
The firm I'm joining said teaching would start 7th September. I've been trying to get hold of BPP for a while now to A) arrange to do the LLM route after the PGDL and B) find out what potential timetables might look like so I can plan work/home arrangements for term time. They are really poor at responding and haven't really given any info. I know it's a difficult time for them and I understand there is a lot of uncertainty about teaching arrangements in September but they don't even acknowledge contact (yet seem to be very actively promoting the PGDL to prospective students on social media!) If anybody hears anything further through their firm or from BPP directly please do share!
Thanks.

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
The firm I'm joining said teaching would start 7th September. I've been trying to get hold of BPP for a while now to A) arrange to do the LLM route after the PGDL and B) find out what potential timetables might look like so I can plan work/home arrangements for term time. They are really poor at responding and haven't really given any info. I know it's a difficult time for them and I understand there is a lot of uncertainty about teaching arrangements in September but they don't even acknowledge contact (yet seem to be very actively promoting the PGDL to prospective students on social media!) If anybody hears anything further through their firm or from BPP directly please do share!
Thanks.
I absolutely will share if I hear anything further! I was able to get through to them over the phone and they arranged me a tutor call which I had a week later. Have you tried calling? I would possibly try doing this and actively requesting a tutor call if possible and if they don’t actively ask you about this option :)

gg999

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Thanks.

Everytime I have called them they have answered and been very polite and helpful. Maybe try calling if your query is urgent enough.

I think they are probably still deciding timetables and won't have any definitive answers for you at this stage as the previous cohort have just finished and they are probably planning as to what will happen next (online teaching or face to face ect).

Patient is a virtue. Although it is a really difficult and stressful time, all of us are going through the same difficulties and uncertainties. I am sure your firm and BPP will reach out soon once they have more certainty on the situation. For now I would sit tight and enjoy the time you have left before the hard work begins again in September :)

Last edited:

gg999

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Has anyone heard anything about timetables, student cards and whether or not we are receiving books and study materials? Feel like we should have had more information than what we have been given since term is suppose to start in two weeks...

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.