Linklaters 2019/20 Application

TTD20

Jan 16, 2020
Yes, it's limited to three. Just pick your three most relevant pieces of work experience!
Great, thanks! I have quite a few legal roles (paralegal work, vac schemes and work expereince) and then also then also non-legal work like waitressing. Do you think I should include only my legal work or maybe two legal experiences and then my waitressing work to show other transferrable skills?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Great, thanks! I have quite a few legal roles (paralegal work, vac schemes and work expereince) and then also then also non-legal work like waitressing. Do you think I should include only my legal work or maybe two legal experiences and then my waitressing work to show other transferrable skills?

is there an additional information question on the application or do you have to write any competency questions? If so, it might be worthwhile dropping the waitressing role in there.

Brandon93

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2018
Hi all, I just started to fill out their application and I am only allowed to put in three job descriptions / work experience. Does anyone know if they limit it to three only (or if my computer is playing up and not loading the rest)? Thanks!

When I was completing my application, I found that three entries were too little so I emailed graduate recruitment my other work experience. They informed me that this was fine and attached it to my application.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Since the question says to only write a "brief" description for your work experience, is 150-250 words recommended? Although, because there is no word limit would it be okay to write more e.g. 500 words?

if the work experience is substantial, then yes.. if it is very short or self explanatory you probably don’t need 500 words though

Saksham Malik

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Yes, it did! I'm set to start their summer vac scheme at the end of June. So if you have any other questions about LL let me know I'd be more than happy to help!

I forgot to answer that part of the qs: I practised for 3 days before I took the test (I didn't have the time to practice more) and I took both the CC and LL tests at the same time and was successful on both. The first practice I did I got 63% if I remember correctly and then I practised until my score improved to 80% before taking the official tests

That's great! Thank you so much. I've already given all the free tests I could find online. Maybe I should just get on with it now.

• 🏆
Reactions: NourJ

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
After completing the Links Capp Assessment, when does the Watson Glaser need to be completed by? Does it have to be completed on the same day. Thanks!

• ℹ️
Reactions: JoNo

Saksham Malik

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Yes, it did! I'm set to start their summer vac scheme at the end of June. So if you have any other questions about LL let me know I'd be more than happy to help!

I forgot to answer that part of the qs: I practised for 3 days before I took the test (I didn't have the time to practice more) and I took both the CC and LL tests at the same time and was successful on both. The first practice I did I got 63% if I remember correctly and then I practised until my score improved to 80% before taking the official tests

I just completed the Watson Glaser. Thank you again for the help. I was surprised to see that close to 20 % of the questions were same or similar to the ones I saw in free practice tests online. I would suggest that give the test either on the same day or a day after you've given some practice tests. Maybe you will be able to recall some answers. Moreover, you will be in a sharper frame of mind if you've been recently giving practice tests. I had a 7 day break between my last practice test and the application. I wasn't at my best I feel because of that reason.

Reactions: NourJ

Saksham Malik

Star Member
May 26, 2020
@Saksham Malik You got past the application stage? Did you apply for the India Internship program or via the common route? I'm an Indian student that's why I'm asking

I applied for the Direct TC route, not the India internship route. The Watson Glaser is not an intermediate stage now, instead it is a part of the application stage itself in the Direct TC route (not sure if that's the case with the India internship).

Saksham Malik

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Guys,

I cannot add my undergraduate modules. Do you have the same problem and if so how did you solve it?

Thank you in advance

Hi, I think the page mentions that in case you're unable to fill the columns specifically designated for the modules, you should fill the scores in the open text box at the bottom. That's what I had to do as well. Hope it works for you.

Reactions: S87

Wajahat Jilani

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone, I’ve been reading this discussion and it has been very helpful. So thank you!

I am facing a problem with the Education section of the form.

In the education section, I chose 'other' for both 14-16 and 16-18 exams. I also filled out the subjects and grades for each. However, the form does not auto-save when I move to the next section. When I return to the education page, the subjects and grades details for both exams are lost.

Can someone help with this please?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I’ve been reading this discussion and it has been very helpful. So thank you!

I am facing a problem with the Education section of the form.

In the education section, I chose 'other' for both 14-16 and 16-18 exams. I also filled out the subjects and grades for each. However, the form does not auto-save when I move to the next section. When I return to the education page, the subjects and grades details for both exams are lost.

Can someone help with this please?

you should probably contact the firm to discuss this.

Reactions: Wajahat Jilani

Wajahat Jilani

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
you should probably contact the firm to discuss this.

Thanks. I had written to them a few data ago, awaiting reply.

I rechecked again and it seems the input is saved while navigating the form. However once I ‘complete’ and return to it again, the input disappears. All other details remain.

Also on the Capp test, my strengths are ‘working with others’ and ‘respect’ while weakness is ‘leadership preference’. I’m not sure what to make of it to be honest.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.