Virtual Opportunities With Law Firms - Updated List!

Paul - Shearman & Sterling

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Nov 5, 2019
Hi all,

Just to update this thread - we've added a few more online workshops:
  • The Importance of Work Experience - 7th May
  • Training Contract Application Workshop - 11th May
  • Training Contract Interview Workshop - 13th May
  • Diversity & Inclusion at Shearman & Sterling - 20th May
You can register your place here: https://shearman.eventbrite.co.uk/

Thanks,

Paul

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Eva, Zoo and AY

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Bright network is offering 3-day virtual internships for a few professional service sectors, including commercial law.
https://www.brightnetwork.co.uk/internship-experience-uk/

Not a fan of these being labelled internships - it’s a great opportunity and highly recommend people sign up to this event, but too many people are going on LinkedIn and labelling themselves as an “intern” when this isn’t an internship and they are not an intern. That’s why BN have cleverly labelled it an “internship experience” though.

TChopeful2021

Distinguished Member
Mar 21, 2020
Not a fan of these being labelled internships - it’s a great opportunity and highly recommend people sign up to this event, but too many people are going on LinkedIn and labelling themselves as an “intern” when this isn’t an internship and they are not an intern. That’s why BN have cleverly labelled it an “internship experience” though.
Thanks Jessica - I've now changed it.
Would it be okay to put this experience under work experience on an application form? If not, where is the most appropriate place to put them?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks Jessica - I've now changed it.
Would it be okay to put this experience under work experience on an application form? If not, where is the most appropriate place to put them?

People will put it under work experience, like they do open days. But I personally don’t consider this work experience as you don’t have any deliverables (as I understand it), you are just listening to various seminars and talks to help prepare you. It is fine to put it in a work experience section, but I wouldn’t put it in by sacrificing other bits of work experience to do so. For me, this is great for other sections or any extra information sections.

c1070

Esteemed Member
Mar 4, 2020
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Ar2016 and Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Heres the link! Yeah I thought it looked super useful, but the draw back is (I think) they’re done on US time (so are presumably US focused) but I stumbled across it and thought it was worth sharing :)
https://www.hoganlovells.com/en/events/m-a-boot-camp
Ah thank you for posting the link, that’s so helpful!! :) ahh I see- I will definitely check out to see if I can make the times to some of the sessions even if I can’t make them all. Thanks again for sharing- I probably wouldn’t have known about this otherwise :)

• 📥
Reactions: c1070

Paul - Shearman & Sterling

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Nov 5, 2019

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.