DWF application

reedyboy

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Apr 24, 2020
    Hello everyone,

Just trying to do the DWF application and a little confused about what to focus on.

Question
    Please complete the personal statement below in no more than 650 words. Within your personal statement please answer the following questions: What do you think differentiates DWF from its competitors? (50%)

What transferable skills have you developed that you think will be relevant as a DWF trainee solicitor. In your answer please consider how you have demonstrated them and how you would apply them as a trainee solicitor. (50%)

The first part seems to be just an appriasal of the company, but I can't decide if it would require more.
    Any help about how to approach this?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Well I am approaching the first part of the question (have yet to submit my application) as relating what DWF does well (strengths, practice areas, business strategy) with its position in the legal market. It seemed like a good opportunity to use some commercial awareness.

Reactions: meshkat_babiker

smith363

Apr 1, 2020
    Hiya, I am basically doing the same- I am really focusing on what I think makes them stand out- one thing I have gathered from speaking to a recruiter at a virtual careers fair is that they really pride themselves on being an innovator - so I am using examples of this.

I do find these questions quite tricky,I hope your applications have gone well, I am definitely cutting it a bit fine!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I agree! I think it's quite odd how they have formulated their form. Most firms would have 3-4 different questions as you know but this is sort of a merged into one long 650-word piece.

a lot of firms will try their own individual approach to try and stop copy and paste answers (or at least try to observe those that are).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.