General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi all, in the Slaughter and May application, the section where you are entering your UG grades they ask for the month and date you completed your exam. Although what if the module was 100% coursework? Do they simply mean the month/year you finished the module, i.e. if it was just a module in the fall that was 100% coursework you would put 01/18 if you finished in Jan of 2018?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, in the Slaughter and May application, the section where you are entering your UG grades they ask for the month and date you completed your exam. Although what if the module was 100% coursework? Do they simply mean the month/year you finished the module, i.e. if it was just a module in the fall that was 100% coursework you would put 01/18 if you finished in Jan of 2018?

Don’t worry about this really, especially if the month isn’t on your transcript.

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
Apr 14, 2020
Sorry for all the questions about Slaughters but for those that applied, did you say "Dear Mrs. Janine Arnold" or just "Dear Janine Arnold" as there is no indication anywhere online whether she goes by Mrs or Ms and I don't want to make a vital mistake haha

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, I am assuming most firms use the new tariff system? I know there was an old system, so I just want to make sure that every firm uses the up to date system

There is only the new tariff system - if a firm is still stating an A-Level/equivalent requirement using the old tariff (eg they are requesting UCAS points of more than 200) you just need to convert it into the new system. The old system no longer exists and the new one is backdated.

Reactions: thecorporatelawyer

Parent

Feb 16, 2020
Sorry for all the questions about Slaughters but for those that applied, did you say "Dear Mrs. Janine Arnold" or just "Dear Janine Arnold" as there is no indication anywhere online whether she goes by Mrs or Ms and I don't want to make a vital mistake haha
I wouldn’t put either. I would say Dear Ms Arnold or Dear Janine - but that is too informal.
And Do make sure you put yours sincerely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.