General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

H

Jan 26, 2020
Hi - I applied last year. I got through to the final round and was never notified of the outcome despite being told I had passed the MCQ test...hopefully you'll have a better experience!
I applied last year and received a scholarship so I'm happy to help if I can! What part of the scholarship assessment do you mean?

Hi guys, I've been invited to do the 30 minute multiple choice assessment as part of the scholarship process. I don't know anything about what this consists of other than the fact there's 20 questions. Please could you tell me what the assessment is like? Is it basically a Watson Glaser test?

I'd really appreciate the help! Thank you x

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Is it ok to send a follow up email to a recruiter (for a paralegal role) asking for an update after having a couple of phone calls? We last spoke on Monday morning. Don't want to be pushy/irritating but really like the role and I know it starts soon.

I know this isn't directly linked to TC apps but would be grateful for anyone's thoughts!

Penelope

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Hi guys, I've been invited to do the 30 minute multiple choice assessment as part of the scholarship process. I don't know anything about what this consists of other than the fact there's 20 questions. Please could you tell me what the assessment is like? Is it basically a Watson Glaser test?

I'd really appreciate the help! Thank you x
    When I did it last year, it was questions about current affairs and very basic legal concepts (as far as I can remember!). Definitely wasn't a Watson Glaser or any kind of psychometric test. Good luck!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it ok to send a follow up email to a recruiter (for a paralegal role) asking for an update after having a couple of phone calls? We last spoke on Monday morning. Don't want to be pushy/irritating but really like the role and I know it starts soon.

I know this isn't directly linked to TC apps but would be grateful for anyone's thoughts!

no - far too early to ask for an update. Assuming this is just an application stage/enquiry and that you haven’t been interviewed for the role, you may never hear back - the recruiter will contact you if they need to.

Reactions: Penelope

Law123

Star Member
    Mar 31, 2020
    @Jessica Booker

Hi,

I have been successful in securing a virtual vacation scheme. Before the vacation scheme, I have been asked to email over a short biography to include for example my current situations; work or study, what I'm looking to learn on the vacation scheme and interests or hobbies.

How many words would be appropriate for a short biography and what would be the best way to go about this and is there anything I should definitely include?

Thank you very much :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.