Slaughter and May Training Contract Application 2022

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Anyone know the best way to phrase a follow up email?

I guess it depends what you’re following up on but if you are emailing for an update regards the recruitment process, I’d really advise everyone to sit tight. I know it’s awful to wait but they’ll probably be getting so many emails and truthfully may not have the answers themselves just yet as things are very uncertain. Slaughters I think are also trying to do things online as best as they can (think virtual vacs and they did the recent bright network internship I think- but don’t quite me!!) which is no doubt taking some serious time to prepare and coordinate so it’s best to just bear with firms right now and just sit tight if they’ve indicated the process is still ongoing.

I know this is difficult advice as I really empathise with how you are feeling but I think it’s probably for the best to wait for them to get in touch.

Reactions: EA and Anthony Abloh

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
I know 2 people(penultimate years heading into final year) who had S&M ask them for an update of their grades. Pretty worried as I am also in the same position as them, yet haven't received this email(which isn't automated). I did tell(email) them my results are TBA after the deadline if that makes any difference. :oops:o_O

• 🤝
Reactions: EA

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
I know 2 people(penultimate years heading into final year) who had S&M ask them for an update of their grades. Pretty worried as I am also in the same position as them, yet haven't received this email(which isn't automated). I did tell(email) them my results are TBA after the deadline if that makes any difference. :oops:o_O

I emailed them to update them with my second-year grades when I got them last week and I got a confirmation that they updated my file but haven't heard anything since

Reactions: dosblancos7

Danielle

Standard Member
Future Trainee
Oct 20, 2018
Ah lucky you! I’ve heard different things but I’m assuming right after ur application you were invited to the assessment day? How long did it take to hear back and how did you prepare for the assessment day? Thanks! ☺️

Exactly two weeks after I submitted my application I received an interview invite, and then exactly one week after the interview I received an offer :) However, timings etc should be taken with a pinch of salt as everyone hears back at different times, and the pandemic obviously isn't helping with any delays etc :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
I emailed them to update them with my second-year grades when I got them last week and I got a confirmation that they updated my file but haven't heard anything since
How long did they take to reply with the confirmation email? I am a bit worried that I haven't heard back after sending my grades.

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020
Anyone know if Slaughter and May holds their assessment centres around the same time every year? Like if they get back to us is it likely that we’ll have our assessment in August?

I doubt they usually start holding ACs this late, they recruit on a rolling basis and open 1st June so I would assume under normal circumstances, people would have had ACs and offers in July, perhaps even sooner. I say that to say that we probably can't use their process under normal circumstances to judge this current cycle. However, since they have started to reject people last week, I am sure that some people will hear back positively next week or the week after and have their Acs mid-end of August, but I am just speculating.

Last edited:

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
I doubt they usually start holding ACs this late, they recruit on a rolling basis and open 1st June so I would assume under normal circumstances, people would have had ACs and offers in July, perhaps even sooner. I say that to say that we probably can't use their process under normal circumstances to judge this current cycle. However, since they have started to reject people last week, I am sure that some people will hear back positively next week or the week after and have their Acs mid-end of August, but I am just speculating.

I've heard the team is quite backlogged bc of the pandemic and I know they are having a virtual VS this week so I think that mid-end August is probably a good shout for ACs

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.