General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
Hi guys,

Is anyone having issues with submitting Frehsfields application? I am going nuts
i think u need to go to the freshfields training contract page..click apply itll take you directly to the applications bit. Sign in.. you should see ”submit draft ” in blue towards the right side of your app.. i know it sounds weird but i had the same issues last night when trying to submit my app without going from the tc page

• 🤝
  • ℹ️
Reactions: S87, OB and JayB

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
i think u need to go to the freshfields training contract page..click apply itll take you directly to the applications bit. Sign in.. you should see ”submit draft ” in blue towards the right side of your app.. i know it sounds weird but i had the same issues last night when trying to submit my app without going from the tc page
My savior..my angel..I sincerely hope you get your training contract!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
How come?
It is just my personal feeling. It basically said “please can you refrain from contacting the Graduate recruitment about the progress of your training contract application”. It is just a feeling and maybe a lot of people contacted the team..but not me because I know that they are notoriously slow. But all good..I have to take it like a big person

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
It is just my personal feeling. It basically said “please can you refrain from contacting the Graduate recruitment about the progress of your training contract application”. It is just a feeling and maybe a lot of people contacted the team..but not me because I know that they are notoriously slow. But all good..I have to take it like a big person
Which firm is this?

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
My Freshfields app was sent in early june. When I logged in today on the portal, it said "Updated July 5". Is this meant to mean anything or is it a glitch? I did update my work exp and achivements/scholarships part, but I'm pretty sure I edited it after July 5 also.

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020
Has anyone heard anything about Linklaters post WG? and also, if people don't mind saying, how did they do on the WG assessment?

Apparently they sent out a broadcast email saying that they will hold AC's in September, but clearly a lot of us didn't receive that email. I got 32/40 which put me in the 70th percentile, but this was about 3 weeks before the deadline and so my percentile could have gone up or down depending on how candidates after me performed.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

They are probably just trying to manage expectations. Sometimes you have to be blunt to actually be helpful to everyone.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Waiting for BCLP, White & Case, Latham & Watkins, Travers Smith, BLM and Addleshaw Goddard for 2022 TC application feedback. I have just graduated so feel a bit like a sitting duck at the moment, although I’m making the most of the virtual internships available. The waiting is the hardest part!
Also waiting for BCLP and White & Case! When did you apply?

Reactions: Deleted member 5185
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.