General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuNo

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 33
Mar 15, 2020
Hope so! I haven't heard from them yet so getting a little worried now!
Maybe they're going to email the people for the second day of AC afterwards? When they get confirmation of how many people are attending the first one? I have no idea, just speculating! But no news is good news :D

H

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, in terms of showing your commitment in how you approached it this time round :)
Tbh it was quite difficult since I didn't have much "real" legal experience. All I could do was go off my insight day but I really tried to make the most of this. For example I talked about the negotiation exercise that we did during the insight day, how this helped strengthen my interest in law, and how the skills I picked up during this would be useful when working in the firm's litigation department etc.

Besides that, I really capitalised on my transferable skills. I was lucky in that I had varied work experience/volunteering/extra curricular stuff under my belt. One thing I always did where possible was to try and link the "why me"/my transferable skills back to the firm that I was applying to. For example, I mentioned how I was passionate about diversity and inclusion - seen through the x work that I'd done, and so I was really interested in the firm's x D&I initiative. I think doing this helped to tick off the boxes recruiters were looking for :)

Last edited:
Reactions: W

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Guys, I'm absolutely thrilled to share that this morning I got the call from Gibson Dunn offering me a training contract!

As many of you know, I have been a member of TCLA for the last couple of years and can honestly say that this never would have been possible without all of the fantastic work @Jaysen and lately @Alice G have been doing.

For all those still waiting/going through this process you will get there. It is a question of when not if :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Guys, I'm absolutely thrilled to share that this morning I got the call from Gibson Dunn offering me a training contract!

As many of you know, I have been a member of TCLA for the last couple of years and can honestly say that this never would have been possible without all of the fantastic work @Jaysen and lately @Alice G have been doing.

For all those still waiting/going through this process you will get there. It is a question of when not if :)

So so happy for you!

Zoo

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 21, 2019

Amazing, well done :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018

Amazing news Dan so happy for you!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.