General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    Has anybody recently applied to Goodwin? I cannot submit my application and receive an error notification.
    I dont know what to do... :(

What browser are you using? Have you tried to close it completely and then submit again? It might have been some cookie issue, especially when the browser's been working continuously for some time.

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    For me - It's all over. Applications, Assessment Centres, Vacation Schemes, Final Interviews... today marked the very last final interview for a TC. It's been an absolutely exhausting year and I have the utmost respect for every single applicant who has been on the grind since those first applications opened in August last year.

To those who have secured a role - Congratulations!

To those who are seeking roles - It will happen. The only way it cannot happen is if you give up. Don't do it. There are so many great and wonderful people and resources out there that will help you succeed. You can do it, and others want you to also!

I now have the agonising wait to see if any of those extra TC interviews yield a positive result. It's an anxious wait, but, at least I know there is nothing else I could have done. It's time to truly enjoy the summer.

Best of luck to everyone still on the grind or awaiting outcomes!

Last edited:

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    For me - It's all over. Applications, Assessment Centres, Vacation Schemes, Final Interviews... today marked the very last final interview for a TC. It's been an absolutely exhausting year and I have the utmost respect for every single application who has been on the grind since those first applications opened in August last year.

To those who are seeking roles - It will happen. The only want it cannot happen is if you give up. Don't do it. There are so many great and wonderful people and resources out there that will help you succeed. You can do it, and others want you to do it!

I now have the agonising wait to see if any of those extra TC interviews yield a positive result. It's an anxious wait, but, at least I know there is nothing else I could have done. It's time to truly enjoy the summer.

Huge well-done @D! Great effort to bring your application cycle to a close for good! Who else are you waiting on/already have offers from if you don't mind me asking?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey guys - if I wanna do a mock interview to prep for a TC interview, what’s the best resource to do so? And also most affordable ahahaha

Speak to your university careers service - even if you have graduated you typically have access to those services for a number of years. That should be free.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    Huge well-done @D! Great effort to bring your application cycle to a close for good! Who else are you waiting on/already have offers from if you don't mind me asking?

I have an offer from HSF. I'm waiting on outcomes from FF and Latham. I chose to not interview at CC in the end as they simply wouldn't move their assessment date forward from December 2020.

I also saw your success - Congratulations! When you put in the effort, the results will come :)

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    Hey guys - if I wanna do a mock interview to prep for a TC interview, what’s the best resource to do so? And also most affordable ahahaha

Are you a member of any of the diversity platforms? RARE/AS etc. They both offer mock-interviews.

I'd also be willing to spend some time on a Zoom call if you wanted? I could ask some similar questions I've been asked through the cycle. I've probably completed about 20 interviews after all is said and done!

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    I have an offer from HSF. I'm waiting on outcomes from FF and Latham. I chose to not interview at CC in the end as they simply wouldn't move their assessment date forward from December 2020.

I also saw your success - Congratulations! When you put in the effort, the results will come :)

nice work! You have any idea which firm you’d pick if you had a choice of all of those?

Reactions: Quanto881766

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

Three great firms! Big congrats on that! Thanks so much, still hasn't really sunk in tbh and not sure it will for a while! :)

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    nice work! You have any idea which firm you’d pick if you had a choice of all of those?

I honestly don't know! It's one of those things that I don't want to worry myself with because, at the end of the day, I only have one offer currently. I don't want to bother myself with a situation that may never occur :D Of course, if I'm fortunate enough to be given another offer, it'll be a massive decision!

Three great firms! Big congrats on that! Thanks so much, still hasn't really sunk in tbh and not sure it will for a while! :)

I feel very strange. I'm going to be leaving a job that I have done for 13 years.. its all I've known really. It doesn't feel real that that career isn't going to be who I am any more. A really, really odd feeling!

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Zoo, JayB, Eva and 2 others

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    For me - It's all over. Applications, Assessment Centres, Vacation Schemes, Final Interviews... today marked the very last final interview for a TC. It's been an absolutely exhausting year and I have the utmost respect for every single applicant who has been on the grind since those first applications opened in August last year.

To those who are seeking roles - It will happen. The only way it cannot happen is if you give up. Don't do it. There are so many great and wonderful people and resources out there that will help you succeed. You can do it, and others want you to also!

So happy for you, well done!

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Bristows rejection post-VI for the 3rd year running :( would really like to know what I'm doing wrong but the rejection email says they can't offer individual feedback at this stage.
    Was it your third time with Bristows? I know it’s unlikely but maybe if you contacted them and said it’s actually my third time applying and falling on this stage, is there any general/personal advice you could potentially give? They probably won’t say yes but I guess it’s worth a try..

Phoebe

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 25, 2018
    Was it your third time with Bristows? I know it’s unlikely but maybe if you contacted them and said it’s actually my third time applying and falling on this stage, is there any general/personal advice you could potentially give? They probably won’t say yes but I guess it’s worth a try..

Yeah it was - I always pass the application stage but frustratingly never make it pass the VI which I made a real effort to prepare for.

I think I will send them an email, I've got nothing to lose anyway. Thanks for your help.

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Yeah it was - I always pass the application stage but frustratingly never make it pass the VI which I made a real effort to prepare for.

I think I will send them an email, I've got nothing to lose anyway. Thanks for your help.
    I once had 2 video interviews back to back. Prepared loads for one and not as much for the other and didn’t get the first but got the second. It is difficult to know how VIs go because unlike a real interview you cant tell if you have made a good impression. They feel quite hit and miss!

Perhaps next time record yourself while you are doing it to understand where you might improve?

Phoebe

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 25, 2018
    I once had 2 video interviews back to back. Prepared loads for one and not as much for the other and didn’t get the first but got the second. It is difficult to know how VIs go because unlike a real interview you cant tell if you have made a good impression. They feel quite hit and miss!

Perhaps next time record yourself while you are doing it to understand where you might improve?

Very true. I think my fear of having a mind blank is much worse with VIs as well.

That's a good idea, I'll try that! Thanks :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.