Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    It’s okay and thank you! I’m going to admit that I did cry a little bit (just because it was my 6th job rejection today) but the silver lining is that my eyes feel a lot clearer! Lol

I applied in February :)
    man i know that feeling all to well.. I literally, cried on the train on the way to a BCLP networking event because I got a jones day interview rejection that day. Honestly it all feels hopeless at times. Especially for me cause I feel like the thing holding me back i cannot change. All I can say is stay strong my friend. We do not have a choice but to keep going. Its okay to cry but dont give up my friend. You can get it. You will get it. Does not matter how uncertain it is or how it looks.. you will get it. Just keep going, find a way to learn from your experiences.. and something will have to give. If you ever need to talk I got you. I had a rejection day too yesterday with rejections from smaller regional firms I was hoping would be nicer. But we gotta keep going! I believe in you!

This is really tough - I just want to give a quick shoutout to both of you for being so open about your experiences.

Right now, I think social media can really distort the training contract journey. Because people generally only post their successes, it can give the impression that everyone else easily secures offers, which is then incredibly disheartening to the candidates who don't receive offers. Your honesty here is invaluable and refreshing because you're showing to so many people reading this that they're not alone in the rejections they do face.

Am really rooting for both of you guys. You both come across as incredibly authentic and genuine people, and whatever happens, you should be proud of yourselves for that.

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    This is really tough - I just want to give a quick shoutout to both of you for being so open about your experiences.

Right now, I think social media can really distort the training contract journey. Because people generally only post their successes, it can give the impression that everyone else easily secures offers, which is then incredibly disheartening to the candidates who don't receive offers. Your honestly here is invaluable and refreshing because you're showing to so many people reading this that they're not alone in the rejections they do face.

Am really rooting for both of you guys. You both come across as incredibly authentic and genuine people, and whatever happens, you should be proud of yourselves for that.
    thank you so much i appreciate that!

CarinaH

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 16, 2020
    Heads up last year all candidates were auto emailed this around 6 weeks post app. Not sure if it’s the same still however :)

I applied in December last year and received the review email 3 days after my application and was told about the outcome exactly 4 weeks after I applied. Seems like the process is faster earlier into the process :)

J123

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 12, 2019
    Has anyone ever done a direct TC AC at Morgan Lewis before (case study written exercise and panel discussion, partner interview and group exercise). I'd appreciate any tips, specific to ML or general! It's my first AC this cycle, so I'm a bit rusty :)

XARA

Esteemed Member
    Jul 27, 2020
    Has anyone ever done a direct TC AC at Morgan Lewis before (case study written exercise and panel discussion, partner interview and group exercise). I'd appreciate any tips, specific to ML or general! It's my first AC this cycle, so I'm a bit rusty :)

Hi when did you hear from Morgan Lewis?

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
    Feb 16, 2019
    Got a BCLP virtual AC :) if anyone has any experience with BCLP's AC please let me know!

Also I've read the email- there isn't a date for the AC. Will obviously contact the firm but if anyone has been invited to a TC AC with BCLP, please let me know if your email had a date?

Edit: Booked my slot(the only one left) for next week!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.