General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Did those who applied to Addleshaw Goddard receive a confirmation email of any kind?
Not yet!

I received this email too. I spent weeks on that application its frustrating that it hasn't even been read.
It is frustrating because I'm fairly sure that they knew before the deadline that they wouldn't be making offers, given the financial mess that the firm has been in these past few months.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I guys,

I am planning to send my CV for TC apps and was wondering if you know someone who could give me a professional feedback?

851eg

Mar 6, 2020
Has anyone heard from Penningtons Manches Cooper recently? I applied in June and saw they’re responding on a rolling basis.

Hiya

I applied at the start of March and I’ve still not heard back but the confirmation email I received said that they would be in contact after the application deadline ?

I did see on their website that they said they review on a rolling basis though so not sure what’s going on.

Reactions: NCLaw

Flk10

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Not yet!

It is frustrating because I'm fairly sure that they knew before the deadline that they wouldn't be making offers, given the financial mess that the firm has been in these past few months.
I suspect what has happened is that DWF have cut their trainee intake for the next few years given their current cost-cutting programme. Disappointing that they couldn’t have told applicants earlier but I guess they may only have finalised their numbers recently.

Reactions: Andrew M and NadineBusty

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
So sorry, and sorry for being super annoying but can I ask when you applied, please?

For those still waiting - Slaughter and May rejection (about an hour ago). Tough to take another rejection, but that's life I suppose. Wishing the absolute best of outcomes to anyone waiting to hear back still!

Tomorrow will be a day to analyse where I could have gone wrong, today is a day to have a drink in the sun and move on from this setback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.