Prep for an open day?

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I have an open day tomorrow with a firm and this will be my first one (ever). I am not too sure as to what this day entails as we haven't been given much information apart from the fact its an all day event

What does a typical open day entail? - Is it scary?

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

I have an open day tomorrow with a firm and this will be my first one (ever). I am not too sure as to what this day entails as we haven't been given much information apart from the fact its an all day event

What does a typical open day entail? - Is it scary?

Usually you'll get presentations, a tour of the firm and the opportunity to join group exercises. Probably a little scary at first but completely fine after that. It's a great opportunity to get to know a firm.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Great stuff -- if anyone gives you their card and seems happy to have a future chat, take them up on their offer (especially if you are applying to the firm). If you want to, remind yourself to follow the evening or day after otherwise they will probably not remember you.

Also ask lots of questions! Open days are your opportunity to give a good impression to graduate recruiters. Remember, these are the same people deciding whether to call you for an interview.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.