Norton Rose Fulbright - Application question

Hamilton

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 8, 2018
Hi guys,

Currently working on the Norton Rose application. I'm wondering what the best way is to approach this question, given the tight word limit.

What issue have you been following in the press and how might this affect our global practice? (200 words)

I'm not sure of what topic I'd like to do yet, but I'd likely spend a sentence or two introducing it, then get into the details of its impacts. However, I'm wondering the best way to tie this into their global practice?

Thanks in advance guys!

CF

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
These threads might be of use to you when answering this question! https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....se-the-firm-or-be-more-generic.607/#post-2878 https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....awareness-application-question.595/#post-2799 https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....s-winter-vacation-scheme.408/page-2#post-2669

Given the word count, I would suggest to maybe pick two main reasons and expand upon these with clear evidence. I was suggest looking into the ways the topic has impacted different sectors/geographies. Three of Norton Rose Fulbright’s main practise areas are finance, energy, and technology and innovation, therefore, I would recommend picking a topic related to one of these.

Hamilton

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 8, 2018
I was thinking about talking about the emergence of autonomous vehicles and the potential issues and liabilities surrounding those and the challenges this may pose to Norton Rose' business. Would that be a good topic to use, as its a bit different to the standard Brexit/blockchain I see so frequently.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I was thinking about talking about the emergence of autonomous vehicles and the potential issues and liabilities surrounding those and the challenges this may pose to Norton Rose' business. Would that be a good topic to use, as its a bit different to the standard Brexit/blockchain I see so frequently.

It sounds like you are interested in it so yes!

A quick note on choosing Brexit and other common topics, only because I hear this a lot -- there's nothing wrong with going for those stories if you find them interesting. Or to put it differently, there's no need to choose a unique topic for the sake of being different. Those topics are so big so you'll be hard pressed to find students writing a very similar answer (unless it's generic in which case it will be weak anyway).

Reactions: Hamilton

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.