2020-21 Open Days and Insight Events Applications Discussion

hunter

Star Member
  • Oct 30, 2020
    Regarding Davis Polk, I emailed Grad Rec regarding their stance on non-law students and this was their detailed response! Hope this is helpful!
    Thanks for posting that, I was going to email to check. Saved me doing so!
    Oh well, at least we non-law students know not to bother applying now. Plus it shows the rejection wasn't down to our CV :p

• 🤝
    Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24

beccaccia

Sep 15, 2020
    I have a few open days coming up and was wondering what people generally tend to wear for virtual open days? I'm a guy and wasn't sure whether to just go with a smart jumper or to put on a shirt and jacket. Would appreciate any insight on this!

Sammy Watkins

Mar 23, 2020
    I have a few open days coming up and was wondering what people generally tend to wear for virtual open days? I'm a guy and wasn't sure whether to just go with a smart jumper or to put on a shirt and jacket. Would appreciate any insight on this!

I don't think there is any need for a blazer, not even the trainees and partners on the virtual open days have a jacket on. White/blue shirt or smart jumper will be fine.

Reactions: nicole88
    D

Deleted member 8599

I always wear a jacket, shirt and tie. It's not because the partners or associates are in a relaxed outfit that you should not try and make the best impression.

Reactions: Alison C

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.